PDA

View Full Version : Seeking a Van job in OZ

haughtney1
1st Sep 2004, 15:27
Ok everyone.....any suggestions as to who wants a Kiwi living (and flying) in the UK to come and fly their Van in Oz? The missus is sick of the rain....

Cheers

H:ok:

chief wiggum
7th Sep 2004, 00:13
I can think of four operators that have "VANS", and they would be more than happy to have a kiwi and his missus at the controls 5 days a week ..

AVIS
HERTZ
BUDGET
THRIFTY

Not sure of the going rate, or how many free Km's per day you get though .....

The Enema Bandit
7th Sep 2004, 05:32
And just watch out for Hertz as it isn't an Aussie icon because it was set up by a Dutch bloke called Hertz Van Rental.

haughtney1
9th Sep 2004, 17:07
ha ha bl@@dy ha...everyone is a comedian:p

zakpeegoodus
19th Sep 2004, 06:28
Hi Haughtney...

Give Hinterland Aviation in Cairns try...They have a number of vans and I hear a great to work for...Still rains a lot there, but at least it is tropical and warm...
How did you get a job in the UK? Did you do the JAR licence? I have Australian and UK passport - I would love to work in the UK but no money for the JAR licence....but I have 500 hours in vans however!

EngineOut
20th Sep 2004, 14:09
also try Aboriginal air services in Alice Springs, they have 3 or 4 and are often looking for drivers...and it doesn't rain much there!!

nungry
24th Sep 2004, 15:54
Dude,

You may as well be asking for a C172 or C206 job, nothing wrong with that. Really, the a/c you're asking after is not really anything special, or design different, do you have a couple of hundred hours on a twin, then maybe I could help you. get a grip you Campervan people, it's still in the wrong column!!!!!

haughtney1
24th Sep 2004, 18:51
yep nungry...Ive got about 350 multi hours..200 of that is multi-crew multi-turbine....I just love flying the Van..the 206 is nice 100 hrs or so on that..and the 172 I know a bit about as I have around 900hrs on them.

cheers for your input

H:ok:

LateNightOps
25th Sep 2004, 07:49
maybe you've spent too much time in the community mate... time to pull out i suspect.