PDA

View Full Version : Information needed!!!

acroid
1st Sep 2004, 13:42
Hi all

Sorry if this has been posted a million times!

I am 15 and of course desperatly want to become a pilot.
I am predicted A* in all my GCSE subjects. I have alreadyt logged about 2hrs worth of flying for FREE! Due to some serious beggin and manual labour! I am hoping to go down the sponsership route since I will never be able to afford the training costs. I was wondering what qualities, interests should I persue/develop to make sure I get selected on the course. What are is the borad )sponsership personell) looking for? Should I do specifc A-levels such as physics and maths and should I do a degree..will it improve my chances?
Basically what can I do to improve my chances of getting selected?

Many thanks,

acroid

p.s I do not want to do my ppl because I heard some airlines won't accept you on their sponsership because there cadets are supposed to have no flying experience..is this true for Ba scheme, and does anyone know when it will start up again?

Chuffer Chadley
1st Sep 2004, 13:53
Acroid

This has been posted a million times.

Most of your questions are answered already in previous PPRUNE threads. Have a rummage, do a search, anything outstanding, re-post your question.

Are you predicted an A* in GCSE spelling? :ok:

Seriously, though- good luck.

CC

REvans
1st Sep 2004, 16:20
acroid,
CC is right, its been covered many times before.

Im in the same situation to you, but all Id say is that dont write off the self sponsered route. I thought the same "Im never going to be able to afford £35K for a ATPL" to begin with but after I then started to learn about the different financing options. Banks such as HSBC offer career development loans to fund your training. Another option is to get a decently payed temporary job and save like hell, even if you only get half the cost of an ATPL its a start and reduces how much debt your going to be in once youve finished training. Obviously in an ideal world we all want a sponsership but they are few and far between and only a few cadets are taken on at a time, not that Im doubting you in any way its just that its always better to have more than one route to get you into the RHS.

Also, read everything in the wannabe's section of Pprune, its VERY helpful :ok:

All the best.