PDA

View Full Version : Happy Birthday Gaunty!

Pinky the pilot
1st Sep 2004, 04:37
With the great Woomeras (plural) permission I would like to use these pages of Pprune to wish Gaunty a happy birthday for Thursday September 2nd and hope that he has now recovered from all the puncture wounds caused during the recent stoush with a certain organisation.
Here's hoping that this year brings the Citation X with the appropriate F/O.:ok: If not, well there's always next year!
A bottle or two of a good Chardonnay bubbly will be demolished at the appropriate time.:ok: :ok:

You only live twice. Once when
you're born. Once when
you've looked death in the face.

Howard Hughes
1st Sep 2004, 04:59
Happy Birthday Gaunty!!:ok:

Citation X, mmmmmmm (said in best Homer Simpson voice)

Cheers, HH.:ok:

GoGirl
1st Sep 2004, 05:58
awwww, another year old....er...wiser ;)

Someone has to do it :ok:

GG xx

Capt. J
1st Sep 2004, 06:39
Happy birthday Gaunty!

:ok:

dingo084
1st Sep 2004, 09:48
Crickey:}

He's had more birthdays than I've had hot dinners.:=

Happy Birthday anyway

ding:{

john_tullamarine
1st Sep 2004, 11:22
Cheers, mate.

John

Foyl
1st Sep 2004, 11:52
Have a great day Gaunty - Happy Birthday! :D

OzExpat
1st Sep 2004, 12:50
Most imprudent of you to let THAT piece of information slip out Gaunty! :p Now everyone will know that yer havin yet another birthday - and I'll contribute my commisserations to all those already offered to you mate! :D

So, happy birthday for tomorrow! :ok:

Kaptin M
1st Sep 2004, 13:44
HAPPY BIRTHDAY Gaunty.......you'll be sharing it with other celebrated company - my little "sheila" has her FIRST on the same day!

We'll crack a bottle of (Aussie) red up here tomorrow, and tip a glass to your good health, young fella :ok:

GoGirl
1st Sep 2004, 23:06
Happy Birthday Little M

Love and Kisses
Aunty GG xx

Atlas Shrugged
2nd Sep 2004, 00:36
Cheers Gaunty!;) :ok: :ok:

gaunty
2nd Sep 2004, 00:39
Well I'm really touched, thank you all, especially Pinky whose birthday it is tomorrow , with whom I will share a drop or three in cyberspace.

I'm also a little sobered by the thought that I have more birthdays behind me than in front of me. :{ Unless I live to be 117, nah ...don't go there.

Anyway, I'll fix the sobered bit later. :)

Kaptin me old, give your little sheila a cuddle for me and I'll dedicate a glass or two to her. My children are for the moment keeping me in a state of grandkid deprivation.:(

Now I have to go and do some in depth interviewing of some 18 year old blonde nymphos whose fathers own pubs, for the FO position in my Citation X, it's gunna be a tough day, but hey as my Aunty GG says "someones gotta do it" :E

Er j .t and Ozy I don't suppose you would be interested in reviewing the short list for me, I really do need to get this right. ;)

The Voice
2nd Sep 2004, 02:22
Gaunty

congratulations! Shall be down your way starting tomorrow .. staying at the redheads place .. maybe a belated birthday tipple is in order?

Kappy M

Alas .. little M is too far away for her 'aunties' to spoil her! hope she doesn't get to carried away with it all!

Woomera
2nd Sep 2004, 03:42
So, the Volvo was an early Birthday present in your declining years? :}

Best wishes to ya Gaunty! Don't get too sloshed - not good for you in your twilight years.............. :E

The Woomeri Tribe

P.S. My children are for the moment keeping me in a state of grandkid deprivation. That kinda gives me relief - one Gaunty is more than enough! :D

Desert Flower
2nd Sep 2004, 05:45
Although I don't know you Gaunty, a very Happy Birthday to you just the same. But I do know the little Pink fella! Happy Birthday to you as well. I will stick a candle in a piece of fruit cake & sing happy birthday!

DF.

"Although I don't know you Gaunty...."

Some people have all the luck! :E

Woomera

Windshear
2nd Sep 2004, 11:05
Hey Gaunty, happy birthday. Time we had another nosh up at the Ten Ten??

Prince of Dzun
2nd Sep 2004, 11:16
Kaptain M:

Gembira hari jadi comel anak perempuan satu tahun.
Selamat Jalan.

Prince of Dzun

OzExpat
2nd Sep 2004, 12:36
I dunno about the rest of yas, but the only part of that previous post I understood was "Selamat Jalan". Think I can guess the rest so, KM, happy birthday to the "littlest M"! :ok:

gaunty... sure mate! That's what friends are for! :E

Pinky... now that Gaunty has returned the "favour" :D here's wishing you a happy birthday mate! Hope ya get a day off from the orange harvest for it! ;)

Blue Sky Baron
3rd Sep 2004, 02:20
:\
There must be something seriously wrong here - it really does not seem twelve months since this very same thread was posted!!!

Hope you had a great day big G.

Look forward to catching up again one day in the not too distant future.

BSB

:ok:

john_tullamarine
3rd Sep 2004, 06:35
Gaunty ... you still fly suck and blow machines ? That sounds too much like hard work, mate ... however, Oz and I do have extensive staff selection experience so, of course, we would be only too happy to make up the Interview Panel numbers ...

Pinky the pilot
3rd Sep 2004, 07:33
Thanks Desert Rose, Gaunty and Ozexpat for the wishes. No worries getting time off from the Oranges!:yuk: I just said I would'nt be there at all Friday!!
Actually will be sitting in the RHS of a Pa31 all weekend (and getting paid for it!!:ok: )
Got to get to that bottle of Pinot Noir Chardonnay Bubbly now so......

You only live twice. Once when
you're born. Once when
you've looked death in the face.

gaunty
3rd Sep 2004, 10:17
john.t sadly no, it is just a wild fantasy of mine hopefully fulfilled by the winning of a obscenely large Lotto draw.:=

One must, however, be prepared for the worst you know. :ok: :E

You could in any event expect a call from me, so that we may sup on a fine old fine port in celebration, out of finest canteen china of course, and to plan the Grand International Tour of PPRuNedom with "selected" mates. :p :cool:

john_tullamarine
4th Sep 2004, 01:45
Gaunty, mate .. I'm all for obscenity when it relates to money over which I can exercise totally unaudited discretionary control .. as opposed to the real world ....

Re canteen china Port sessions .. I am, as you well know, found in or near Melbourne, Canberra, and Sydney on a more or less flexibly inconsistent schedule ... do give the old mobile a call, as appropriate, so that we might co-ordinate discussions relating to our oenological interests and the enjoyment of the fruits thereof ...

... as I recall, at the last in Sydney we successfully solved a great many of the world's problems .. at least to a well-defined final draft planning stage ...

... come to think of it, I have to move a marble across the abacus in the next few weeks myself ... so we could make it a double reflection upon the perils of misspent youth and the Captains of Industry which we ought to have been ....

Creampuff
4th Sep 2004, 02:09
Hippo, birdy, two ewes!

OzExpat
4th Sep 2004, 08:03
So, gaunty, do ya need my mobile number? :D

john_tullamarine
4th Sep 2004, 10:48
.. and we'll invite OzEx along and take turns in buying successive bottles ...

OzExpat
4th Sep 2004, 22:17
That sounds like the start of a great hangover! :ok:

GoGirl
5th Sep 2004, 00:00
Pinky, I've wrapped up a whole bunch of my best laughs and sent them your way...hope they arrive at an appropriate time ;)
Happy Birthday to you too!

As for Gaunty, JT & OzEx ; formalise this arrangement at once :O

Gaunty, I heard a whisper that if you turn up at BrisBash Dec 2004, you will have many belated Birthday gifts bestowed upon you :ok:

Oh yes, OzEx with a hangover......not pretty, not pretty at all :}

OzExpat
5th Sep 2004, 12:53
you will have many belated Birthday gifts bestowed upon you
Hopefully not from a great height, in liquid form... :p

GG... thanks hon, I won't give away any of your secrets either... :E

gaunty
5th Sep 2004, 13:32
GG darlin, what part of December are we talking about?

I'll be in downtown Bali from the 13th to the 28th. :cool: