PDA

View Full Version : CPL Flying Training and Flight Test

Pin Head
29th Aug 2004, 13:41
People,

Coming over to hopefully migrate and need to do the CPL Flight test. Probably need to do some refresher training beforehand.

Anybody know any good schools out there with good aircraft and good examiner availability?

Is it possible to do the flying in a C150? I wish you had some of my usual a/c around but theres none on the register. And before anyone asks, its a Embraer 145!

Tinstaafl
29th Aug 2004, 16:38
This would be easier with a better idea of your experience & licences, however:

The test must be done in an a/c with a CSU & 'book figure' cruise TAS of at least 120kts. Suitable types include Tobagos (just), any of the common CSU/retract types eg C172RG, Arrow, Bonanza etc. A light twin would also do.

You would need to pass the CPL conversion exam (or possibly the CPL Airl Law exam. I think they've changed the requirements slightly).

To do the flight test you must be recommended by the CFI of the school putting you up for the test. That will likely involve a flight check to assess your standard.

You'll need a current Oz medical. A Class 2 will do for the test but you'll need a Class 1 to work as a pilot.

You should also be able to get your foreign endorsements eg floatplane, pressurisation, multi-engine types that are on the Australian register etc added to you new Oz licence by paying a fee.

swh
29th Aug 2004, 20:07
Pin Head,

With over 1000 hrs jet (ERJ145), and 1000 turboprop (DHC8), and another 1300 hrs command I would assume you have an ICAO ATPL.

If thats the case forget the CPL, just do the ATPL conversion.

Stupid as it may sound, some of the dash 8 airlines in Oz will not accept you, also applies for some of the jet positions about until you have 500 hrs multi PIC, no ERJ here YET.

:ok:

I Fly
30th Aug 2004, 05:51
Download http://casa.gov.au/avreg/fcl_lic/vfrday.htm#plane so you can see exactly what you have to do.
Best of luck.

Pin Head
30th Aug 2004, 09:43
cheers guys.

regarding atpl conversion the clock is ticking and as the immigration department are shortly to remove it from the skills list at the end of the year i have to get my skates on. to get the points i just need to do medical, CLWA and the day cpl flight test. it would be nice to do the combined IR flight test but time does not allow. And yes i know that the rules are changing again with regard to overseas conversions but by then I should have the AALW , IREX and then the flight test.

Any good schools in the Sydney area?