PDA

View Full Version : DHL´s 727 in Africa and Barhein

arugbarbarroja
25th Aug 2004, 17:07
Anyone knows who is the operator and when finish the agreement?

Nineiron
25th Aug 2004, 22:43
Try Swiftair, Madrid and European Air Transport, Brussels

RampTramp
26th Aug 2004, 15:10
Nineiron is correct with Swiftair at present, but EAT are not involved other than owning most of the aircraft. All aircraft currently flying in both ME & Africa will be transfered to the Saudi & RSA registers respectively, probaly complete by the end of the year. Once the transfers have taken place then SNAS & Solenta will take over the operations.

RT

five iron
27th Aug 2004, 10:39
I have it on good authority that the Africa operations will stay in Swift control for some time to come!
The Bahrain operation wll be passed back to DHL control by about Spring 2005.
Very optimistic to think that SNAS will have control by Christmas!

On another note, has anyone applied for the B727 in BAH? Can anyone tell me what sort of package is on offer?

arni1072
29th Aug 2004, 08:58
Five Iron

See post in this Forum, Dhl middle East. Then ask Coopervane. He is a very helpful chap :ok:

justforfun
3rd Sep 2004, 17:21
The "Bahrain Operation" has never left control of SNAS... the 727's are "operated" by Swiftair (they supply crew and mx "support")... everything else is and has been taken care of by SNAS, and I mean EVERYTHING... first aircraft is on the register Oct / Nov...

Crew package? ... suggest you apply and find out, and please, don't listen to people who only know half the story :ok:

Cheers,

JFF ;)

wheelchock
3rd Sep 2004, 20:47
Friend!!!!

Yes I agree with Friend!!! But friend, it doesn't matter that the airplanes are on the register by Oct/Nov, and it doesn't matter what reg's it's gonna be friend, also, it doesn't matter what Mick thinks.

Friend please check email....

Yorky Towers
3rd Sep 2004, 23:39
Your obviously in the know, any chance of a bit of info on this thread for the guys that are not?

Best regards

Yorky:sad:

arni1072
4th Sep 2004, 08:25
Hi Yorky

Glad to hear from you. Hope are feeling better since your unfortunate incident at CPH.

My next door neighbour (Danny Latham) still asks how you are.

You interested in Bahrain? Me too..

Quite a few ex ACL guys there already. Might be worth a note to Coops to see how things are!

arni :ok:

Hogg
4th Sep 2004, 10:27
Hi Guys...

Got a fone call from Sam in Airline Appointments asking if I knew anyone or if I was interested in BAH 727 Op. That was only a day or 3 ago.

Id have jumped at the chance maybe 6 months ago but not at the moment as Im gaining really good African experience and happy ............. for once Eh Towers. :8

"Put Yer back into it"!!!!!

Good few ex Aclers are down that part. Would make for a good session. Know of 7. Maybe we shud plan sometin

Keep in touch Lads
Hogg

justforfun
4th Sep 2004, 12:33
1st Aircraft onto DHL SNAS (Saudi PCA) register in October, the other 5 follwing suit on a monthly basis thereafter depending upon C checks, crew training and therefore availability. Positions will all be BAH based, as in LIVING in BAH... rather than 2 weeks on 2 weeks off etc. Routes ex BAH include Bagram, Kandahar,Karachi, Lahore, Dubai, Riyadh, Jeddah with more to come. Pretty much all the routes mean you'd be back in BAH each night apart from the odd layover... obviously dependent on any new routes.

Thats about it for now really, recruitment will be direct through DHL SNAS, with maybe some agency guys initially to cover the training period.

Cheers!

JFF:ok:

Yorky Towers
4th Sep 2004, 13:54
How are ya both? Coops was down Yorky Towers a couple of weeks ago with all the gen', Also gotta call from Sam and hoping to be joining them very soon!
Have to get together 4 a beer or 2, be nice to see you again.
Arni, give my regards to Danny, and Hogg......Pull ur trousers up man!!:ok:

Regards
Yorky

PS: Thanks for the info' JFF.

agent
7th Sep 2004, 10:27
For anyone still interested

Apparently Airline Appointments are still looking for current B727 drivers. The contract is due to run for at least another 3 months.
:ok:

kwaiyai
11th Sep 2004, 14:58
Yeah for 3 months I'll quit my current position on 72's. Get your act together Airline Appointments. Incidentally who never replied anyhow P###ks :p :}

ironbutt57
13th Sep 2004, 19:31
Stay in Hat Yai dude...I would for sure...maybe they knew better than to reply...

coopervane
20th Sep 2004, 00:06
Hi Guys,

I got blown from the contract "apparently" because Swiftair have got rid of their pax 727 in Madrid.........you know the one that was repat illegal imigrants.........and have surplus permy crews sat around in Espania.

If anyone wants to know the money deal with DHL for Bahrain then send me a PM.

2nd October is when the New Deal starts (as good as Tony Blair's new deal!)

Got some stuff to say but not just at the moment!

Coop & do you a nice Rolex Bear!

five iron
22nd Sep 2004, 15:46
Has anyone seen the thread on Rumours & News re: Rishworth??