PDA

View Full Version : New Photo FC Licences

jetstar1
25th Aug 2004, 03:41
Has anyone out there applied for / been issued with a new photo flight crew licence? How long did it take to be issued?
Cheers
j*1 :ok:

Richo
25th Aug 2004, 12:27
J*1

Not as yet, as an ATP holder I expected to have heard something by now. The initial blurb from CASA said June for ATPL's but still nothing.

I did hear that there were a very LARGE number of Student Pilots Licences sitting on a desk at the AFP (Aust. Fedral Police) which had not even been looked at until a week or so ago. I belive there was a problem with AFP processing the applications and that this pile was going to take up to 4 weeks to clear.

So when they get through this lot I suspect they may start on the ATPL holders followed by the CPL and PPL holders, as they sugested in the initial notification.

Then again they may see the light and realise that most ATPL holders are already subject to Police Checks (Alpha Check) for the issue of an ASIC card and realise that duplication is not worth the effort.

Don't worry, I won't be holding my breath for commonsence to be applied by CASA or the DRT.

Richo

Kickatinalong
29th Aug 2004, 11:03
Yep they are in I sawmy first one today from a new CPL, two parts !st like the old lic BUt your Black & white photo is on it and the 2nd part is coloured and in a platic type envelope about 100mm x 70mm.
;)