PDA

View Full Version : Turbo Prop Jobs

767bill
22nd Aug 2004, 18:15
I'm thinking of starting an ATPL, thus far just having PPL and a bit over 100 hours. If I do the ATPL, and assuming I am successful, what kind of salary should I expect for a job in the right hand seat of a turbo prop? Would many companies wish to hire me assuming I'd be about 39/40 -all going to plan? Given flexibility on location where are the jobs? Any info much appreciated.

Flying Farmer
22nd Aug 2004, 18:19
Started my training at 38 now 42, drop me a PM will try to help.

FF

carbonfibre
22nd Aug 2004, 22:19
Luck, right time right place and all that

I'm now 37 coming upto 38 just completed and looking, so if anyone is looking at this a job would be good

Happy flying:ok:

sawotanao
23rd Aug 2004, 09:36
767bill,
Check out www.ppjn.com although some of the information maybe inaccurate it will give you a rough indication of the salaries / entry requirements for Turbo-prop / Jet jobs in the UK.
Cheers .S

Luke SkyToddler
23rd Aug 2004, 12:27
My company would pay you £20-and-a-bit thousand basic salary, plus about £250 / month allowances. Total in hand per month, for a 19-seat turboprop FO, is around £1500.

I don't think they'd give a monkey's testicle how old you are - we've certainly interviewed people in the past aged from their early 20s right up to 50 something. Our oldest FO at present is mid 30s, although I think that's more just through luck than any kind of planned management.

Having said that, we aren't recruiting at the moment and we don't tend to keep cv's on file with less than 1000 TT or at least a couple hundred hours quality multi piston, a personal recommendation helps a lot as well.

good luck

:ok:

767bill
23rd Aug 2004, 20:49
Thanks for info everyone, very useful and much appreciated, will keep monitoring site. Cheers, B

MJR
25th Aug 2004, 09:58
Luke Sky toddler,

I Love You!

Can I have a personal recommendation now please?

cheers

MJR

PS These are desperate times.