PDA

View Full Version : FI Salary?

Al380
21st Aug 2004, 11:07
Hello,

I am the holder of a frozen ATPL and I am considering to start FI training.

What kind of salary can I expect for a first instructing job. I do not intend to become rich by instructing. I am only trying to calculate if I would be able to pay back for my training loan.

Thank you for your replies / advices.

orionsbelt
22nd Aug 2004, 18:43
Take a look at :-

FIs (hourly vs salaried vs retainers) Help!

DeltaT
17th Sep 2004, 03:56
its really going to depend where you instruct, they vary on how the payments are made per hr with retainer etc. Probably somewhere around the 9-12k mark p.a, not much higher though

Send Clowns
17th Sep 2004, 10:45
More "pocket money" than salary!

Tubbs
17th Sep 2004, 12:34
If you work on the pay per hour flown principle (20 quid per hour) you can probably net 1000+ a month during the more clement weather. During the winter I shall be down the docks with a big 'get it here' sign.

T x

Johnm
18th Sep 2004, 19:30
When I was a student I got the distinct impression that salaried flying instrucror was an oxymoron!

essouira
19th Sep 2004, 21:33
Can I just check with Tubbs where Trumpton is exactly ? I reckon 20 quid an hour is pretty damn good compared with what most instructors get (me for instance)! I want to move to where Tubbs is.

Tubbs
20th Sep 2004, 12:44
It's between Chigley and Camberwick Green. Did I mention that it's 20 squid an hour but if you don't fly you don't get paid. Fine if it's fine, but ****e if it's ****e. As I said before, in the winter I may well be out stealing cars or doing a few tricks to pay the rent.

Send Clowns
21st Sep 2004, 12:56
I could tell you where you'd get £20 an hour. Only snag is we teach FIs, so you have no chance of a job unless you trained here. £15 an hour seems more like the going rate, which I get at another club. Make sure you have something lucrative for the inclement weather, and it's a great paid hobby.

RVR800
21st Sep 2004, 13:03
FI work would be OK to keep your hand in

It only pays the salary per hour of an office cleaner
This seems harsh but remember you only get paid when
in the air...most of the time, believe me.. youll be on the ground not being paid, that's why instructors dont do the long briefings - they dont get paid...!

Al380
22nd Sep 2004, 08:28
Thanks to all of you for those replies!:ok: