PDA

View Full Version : Redsnail and easyjet

thinking pilot
20th Aug 2004, 10:36
How's Easyjet going,

Many an aviation proff in oz would like to know, howitz going.

redsnail
20th Aug 2004, 10:41
Dunno, not there now. I didn't get through the Advanced Handling Course.

Chimbu chuckles
20th Aug 2004, 17:37
Sorry to read that Redsnail....wots the 'advanced handling course'?

Chuck.

redsnail
20th Aug 2004, 17:53
It's a course dreamed up by CTC. It costs 3000quid to do. It's a pre-endorsement course. You get 4x4 hour sessions in a fixed base 737-700 sim, all hand flying. It is used as another sim check to see if you can complete CTC's type rating with no extra sessions required. Some folks need to do it, others go straight onto the type rating.
Approx 25% are chopped at this stage. It doesn't matter if you fly within IR tolerances, correct SOPS, etc, if they feel that you can't complete their type rating, you're chopped.
It's a costly exercise.

Col. Walter E. Kurtz
21st Aug 2004, 00:48
I don't get it.............what's the point of the excercise??

Chimbu chuckles
21st Aug 2004, 01:43
Sounds a bit rediculous to me. They seem to want some nebulous level of performance with little exposure to the machine...why not get your endorsement at Boeing? 3000 pounds would be about 1/2 the endorsement total and after 40+ hours in the full flight sim and probably 10 in the fbs 90% of people walk away with a type rating and a good standard well ready for the training they recieve at their prospective employer.

Best of luck next time round...sounds like you were done over:(

Chuck.

tinpis
22nd Aug 2004, 00:10
Certainly sounds like a rum deal for the applicant.

Most first time jet folks who COMPLETE an endorsement still havent got a bloody clue whats going on until they finish line training.

Mr. Hat
25th Aug 2004, 04:50
What a f***ing joke. Don't worry redsnail you are better off in the long run away from companies like that. It may seem in the short term like a loss but really a life time of that crap aint worth it. You never know what is just around the corner - you will look back and laugh.

I'd mail them a turd, thats all they would get from me.

Chin up.

SeldomFixit
25th Aug 2004, 07:17
Monsieur Chapeau - how would one best package a turd so as to ensure it arrived in pristine condition ?
Bubblewrap ? Perhaps inside a Christmas cracker to ensure the pleasure of receipt is shared with a friend, near and dear ?
Your thoughts appreciated as I think under the circumstances as encountered by Ms Redsnail your suggestion definitely has legs. :ok: :p :=

Killer Loop
25th Aug 2004, 08:58
Freeze the said turd over a period of a couple of days and send in an appropriate recepticle. By the time it arrives it should be perfect!

Chocks Away
25th Aug 2004, 11:59
Yeh, sorry to here so, Redsnail.
That's one reason I've kept away and that decision was made some years ago... looks like it's got worse. That's just one of a varied assortment of "sideshows" on offer from the English CAA.
:hmm:

redsnail
25th Aug 2004, 12:18
I like it. :) I probably would do as suggested however my fiance works there and is under going command assessments. So I had better not jeopardise that. :}

Any way, I've been enjoying myself. Blasting down ye olde english country lanes on the ducati, learning to ski :uhoh: and generally prowling around ye olde english pubs. :ok: Oh, and the archery is coming along nicely too :E

OzExpat
25th Aug 2004, 15:24
And you've had time to attend a few bashes too Reddo, so it hasn't been a total loss! :E

redsnail
25th Aug 2004, 18:45
Yep, and getting to some pretty good airshows here as well. The one thing the UK CAA do is allow low level aerobatics and airshow displays. I was at Shuttleworth on Sunday arvo for their evening flying programme and the action was about 100' to 500'. Fantastic stuff. This airshow focusses on pre WW2 stuff and they have enough flying to fill a 2 1/2 flying programme. :D

Farnborough was good, the Guinness van, excellent :E Blagged a ticket to that. Also blagged a ticket on the gate for the North Weald Aerofair as well. :t It's a tough life :)

MoFo
26th Aug 2004, 05:42
Reading about this "course" makes me think (sl) eazyjet have come up with a way of making a quick buck. Certainly easier than dealing with Self Loading Cargo.

When you get one of those bleedin' colonials coming in looking for a job, give them a "course" and relieve them of some of that excess money they have. After a few rounds in the Simulator give them the flick. No reasons, but Ta for the cash, have a nice day.

Bleedin' easy way of making a quick quid Guvner.

Thanks for the heads up.