PDA

View Full Version : How many looking for work?

TurbineDreamer
19th Aug 2004, 13:37
How many of you guys and girls are out there looking for work presently. Keen to hear from all the low hours up to higher hours. There seems to be some movement at present and just wondering if many of you looking for work are now starting to get some positive feedback in regards to applying for work.

loomit
19th Aug 2004, 14:00
hey TD.
not sure what the scene is like there in Oz, but there are too many unemployed pilots here in Africa...
Doesn't seem to be much work for us low time guys.
I'm actually trying to find work in N.Z at the moment, doesnt seem to be much either..??
loomit

outboundjetsetter
19th Aug 2004, 20:54
I am ...! 900hours B190 endorsesed, 320 twin grade 3....love to know of some leads anywhere!
outbound

carnie_9
20th Aug 2004, 00:57
I am. Looking for work in both oz and NZ. 740 total 250 multi. BN2, PA23, P68 endorsed and a C Cat instructor. Any one no of anything.

roverlad
20th Aug 2004, 03:56
I am frm Vancouver,Canada and I know things are beginning to move. Friends of mine in the U.K and pilots I talk to from the U.S. say things are moving there as well. It is commonly known that this time next year there will be massive movement in the industry. Even some guys from the float plane company I am at now have got jobs this year on aircraft and with time that is unusally low for the type of aircraft they are being asked to fly so companies are also beginning to drop their minimums.
Not sure if it like that where you are all from but forsure in North America there is a feeling that next year will see alot of pilots moving onwards and upwards.
Hope that helps?

roverlad

carnie_9
22nd Aug 2004, 01:17
I think you have the wrong person

Don Won
24th Aug 2004, 04:25
Carnie you might want to try some of the south Island companys, or one of the Akl companys that have the types you have time on.

Good Luck
Oh heard this "Clown" got sacked from company in Akl for what I hear down hear as a serries of unsuccesful attemps to make a few smoken holes in the ground, Dam! So might be a spot there? So if ya got good past work history and some good Refs Could be great chance to just build a bit of time, keep ya nose clean and the big boyz should be knocken at ya door ;)

The Holy Grail
25th Aug 2004, 19:01
Yeah Don Won - sounds like that clown was rather "special" for his inability to fly an aeroplane!

Thank goodness there is some "self regulation" within the industry.....dissapointing that he and other sub humans ain't weeded out earlier on in the process!

It is certainly a very good case for "word of mouth" being the best way to further your career!

TurbineDreamer
13th Feb 2005, 06:47
Hi People

Thought I might bring this thread back to the top since it has been over six months now since I sarted it.
Just wondering how many of you out there are still looking for work or has it improved since mid last year. I keep hearing there is lots of movement in the industry, are you low time pilots finding it a very buoyant time to be looking, all is there only a shortage of experience drivers.

People keep saying to me there has never been a better time in the industry to get employed than now, but I am still having trouble. Of course I am in the area just under the 1000 hour mark not at the 1500 hr, and am someway off the 500 twin cmd, but I have been trying and no movement I can see this end yet.