PDA

View Full Version : Qantas Busy!

Trigger Happy
18th Aug 2004, 13:17
Except for the infamous "Engage Left Auto Pilot" does anyone have any recent info regarding QF Stage Three. It's been a long while since this has been updated. Surely with all the people in recent months getting called in for Qantas testing and those already flying the Big Rigs we can come up with some updated info for all the GA strugglers. Shed some light on a suspect system.

ExcessData
12th Sep 2004, 11:13
G'day Trigger. I don't believe the process has changed much over the years, actually. At the risk of stating the very obvious, the bottom line is to be a) extremely well prepared and b) yourself. 'b' shows them they have the right guy/gal, while 'a' confirms it.

The material available on these forums should be more than sufficient to give you a few points to think about - I haven't heard any recent anecdotes to suggest that the format of the interviews has changed much since ELA's 'magnum opus'.

Best of luck with it all.

avguy1
12th Sep 2004, 12:40
The only thing that seems to change is the A/C used for the sim. They've been using the 767 sim lately, 200 I think.

Av

newbe200
13th Sep 2004, 10:33
Trigger Happy, i think if you go in negatively you will regret it. calling the system suspect certainly wont help your mindset.

be prepared, full stop. smile be polite and say hello to everyone you see. relax and enjoy the opportunity THEY are GIVING to YOU, even if you are paying for it

only 1 week to go avguy

C-FTR
13th Sep 2004, 11:20
Newbe 200, did you end up getting a place on one of the September courses?

newbe200
14th Sep 2004, 10:19
No i didn't mate, but i can see how you got the impression. I was just telling av he had 1 week to go!

i got a 'wait till october now letter'. originally had a aug04 letter. You??

nb20

happydriver
15th Sep 2004, 10:05
Nb20,

I also had an "aug 04" letter now they've sent me a "after dec 04" letter....do have any idea as to why?....listening watch who originally got a sept 04 letter got a call from QF for a start at J*asia...go figure????
:confused: :confused: :confused:

hikouki
15th Sep 2004, 10:59
G'Day all,

I've been reading through a few QF threads, just wandering when you all did your sim/interviews? Trying to figure out how long I'll be waiting for letter... As it has been quite a while already.

Any feedback would be great.

newbe200
15th Sep 2004, 12:42
mate can't explain how the dates things work. really dont know but just assumed because the 767 so's changed fleets and delayed a course or two, i am being delayed as well. my understanding is the good folk at recruiting only find out last minute what is going on with courses so they really dont know what is happening until 'the man' says go.

dont know about the jet* asia gig. my sources tell me qf recruitment has nothing to do with the asia recruitment, and they told me that as well, and his post suggested (i thought) that qf mainline rang him, so i dont know what to believe. haven't seen his post about leaving australia yet so i guess we will see.

Hikouki ,

gday to you,as well. i did my sim and interview about may 13ish, received act cons and x-ray letter 31 may, ref checked 22 june, updated 1st sept, received oct04 letter 4 days later. hope this helps you.

happydriver
15th Sep 2004, 13:39
Cheers nb20....was a little disheartened when i got the dec 04 letter but feeling a little better now...hope your on the money about 767 SO's...

Trigger Happy
16th Sep 2004, 02:37
Thanks v. much for the advice everyone, really do appreciate.
With my Stage Three approaching quickley would really love to narrow down a few of the more common scenario type questions being asked in the interview. I realise the majority of the interview is based on these "Behavioural scenarios" or so I'm led to believe, so any recent questions you guys who have recently done stage three would be appreciated.
Congrads and respect to the likes of Av and nb20 and any others well on their way!
Quickley learning the anticipation and the waiting game is a killer!

P.S Any updates on the Jestar Asia F/0 offers if I may be sooo BOLD! Thanks yo!

newbe200
17th Sep 2004, 00:56
have heard they offered big bucks to get the originals to go there, but the wages are not expected to be too good for the rest of us, especially with a singapore base. more info on this in reporting points i think.

trigger, yeah well on my way but not quite there yet. waiting is killer, but i have a good plane to wait on and progress towards my cx hours, just in case.

cheers, good luck to all

ps. keep writing nb20 but am now nb200 vice nb20, but call me whatever the hell you want, my woman does!!

PeteG
17th Sep 2004, 07:12
Anyone know what QF's current experience preference is, i.e. low-time, high-time etc etc??

Thanks.

newbe200
17th Sep 2004, 07:20
check the website minimums. i believe that they will interview you off these, which are really low, 500 i think. i have also been told that you are tested on this experience ie a 5000 pilot is expected to do more in the sim than a 500 hour pilot.

good luck

*Lancer*
18th Sep 2004, 03:08
The 767 S/Os haven't moved yet, and haven't been given any expectation of an imminent transfer. However, in the last eight months of so, 12 have transferred to the -400 and at least 1 to the -330.

As for 'Jetstar Asia', the popular (or unpopular?) story is that some of the cadets are going up there for their CIPP. Newbe200, if recruiting told you they have nothing to do with it, you could probably consider that more reliable than 'your sources'... but don't forget there are loads of other departments (and managers) that may have something to do with it. :E

Lancer

Tuner 2
18th Sep 2004, 03:47
Lancer,

The cadets going to JQ Asia is not a "story" - it's the real deal.

newbe200
18th Sep 2004, 10:47
mate you just said what i was saying. i was trying not to be rude to the poster who wrote about jet* asia ringing him, as i asked mainline and they said no way, but he suggested (i thought) that mainline did ring him. anyway, i do believe, and so does my 'source' that qf mainline (robyn, fiona etc...) do not have anything to do with jet* asia recruitment.

are you a qf pilot? i think i remeber reading you were, if so, i was under the impression that the august course was full of 767 so's. is that not true?? what aircraft you on?

cheers nb20:ok:

hikouki
21st Sep 2004, 02:52
nb20,

Thanx for the info...
Spoke with recruiting this morning, letter is in the mail, just gotta sit by the letter box now.

Hikouki.

AllInGoodTime
21st Sep 2004, 03:35
I have a question in regards to the qantas recruiting process.
I have seen on other threads guys saying they have done there stages but have been waiting for over 12 months. Does this mean that there is such a back log that even though QF may want you, and you have passed the testing that you will be waiting that long to be told you have been accepted or not. Or are there people that apply are tested and then get in within a month or so. It seems that maybe a lot of people who have been tested and are in the queue get jumped over. Is this assessment correct or have I misunderstood want Qantas do.

Thanks

newbe200
21st Sep 2004, 07:18
gday mate, not in qf but have tried to read everything on the topic. my understanding is that when you do all of the stages you are ranked and therefore will receive a position in line. but dont forget that they are always recruiting so if somebody does a better job than you, they move ahead of you. so it is possible that you can wait a VERY long time if you only JUST get through, so kick a** in every stage. have also heard that they do the security and dental when you are CLOSER to the job.

hikouki, no worries, good luck :ok:

nb20

*Lancer*
21st Sep 2004, 08:40
Tuner 2, yes I'm aware it's the real deal. I wasn't trying to imply that it was false. One wonders what precedent this will set for JQ Aust... It seems unfortunate that in one hand the company will send a cadet into the RHS of an A320, and in the other, raise the mainline S/O seat restriction height. But this of course is a whole other 'story'. ;)

Good luck to them la?

nb20, there hasn't been any change to the number of 767 S/Os over the last few months, and none have been recruited onto the aircraft. Many of them would rather take up an F/O slot than get re-assigned to another aircraft anyway. Obviously that can't happen to all of them though.

Lancer

newbe200
21st Sep 2004, 10:51
understood, thanks

nb20