PDA

View Full Version : EasyPool

prob30
17th Aug 2004, 12:37
I am in the easyJet holding pool for the airbus...Pilot recruitment don't know how long I will be swimming for....any ideas from those inside what the wait is likely to be? Is it a training backlog or a knock on effect of delayed airbus orders?

unablereqnavperf
17th Aug 2004, 13:19
Don't now about any delayed airbus orders they seem to be falling over the fence quicker than we can crew them so i think your swiming time is soley due to a training backlog which I fear will only get worse in the imeadiate future with STN pilots all due to start conversion to the Bus in the near future first Bus to STN in Jan I believe.

All line trainers are walking around looking like dead men they are working so hard!

So keep swiming as you'll enjoy it when they eventually fish you out!

However don't turn down any good offers while you swiming!

Norman Stanley Fletcher
17th Aug 2004, 15:19
Are you Airbus rated? If you are not you may have a long wait but if you are then I imagine it will all be pretty quick. It is hard to know 'the big picture' but right now there seems to be no shortage of Airbus type-rated pilots so inevitably they are used up first. For what it is worth, it is a great job once you are in.

prob30
17th Aug 2004, 15:59
...not type rated...TRSS...hoping for Orly...much chance do you think?

Thanks for the info

Norman Stanley Fletcher
17th Aug 2004, 16:32
The honest answer is I don't know! By and large the recruitment people are pretty good about telling you the truth and if they do not know either then it shows that things are a bit fluid. I am just a line pilot and have picked up somewhere about Orly and the Airbus happening soon but I cannot be sure of the details or indeed if it is 'official' yet.

The frank truth is that as a TRSS entrant you are not as attractive as type-rated applicants and therefore they will always go there first. The eJ recruitment system is somewhat hit and miss in that they are processing enormous numbers of applicants and the system is bulging at the seams. When it comes down to it there are only really a handful of people in recruitment (about 3 or 4!) and they have to process countless initial applications, arrange selection days, run those days, make choices, send out contracts and then ensure that they match applicants to courses. Over and above this they have piles of one-off queries to deal with which all take time. In addition to this the requirements are constantly changing and they have to match recruitment to reflect this. The net result is that mistakes are sometimes made and it can seem a bit shambolic from the outside. They are simply maxed-out and are meeting themselves coming backwards. The nature of 'low-cost' is that they have as few staff as possible to do the most numbers of jobs, and it can mean that when you are desparately waiting word from them that it seems like an eternity. Don't worry though - your turn will come, and it is worth waiting for.

lemon
17th Aug 2004, 17:49
First Airbus going into Orly in November.

DoItInverted
18th Aug 2004, 06:14
Just out of interest..

Close friend of mine with A320 rating but no hours on this type was told by easy that they won't invite him for selections since he doesn't have any hour on type..

This guy can start tomorrow morning if they want..

Cheers
DII

kick the tires
18th Aug 2004, 07:45
In one way its good to have a rating on your licence as it stands out on your CV, shows your commitment, abilty to complete course etc etc. However with some airlines its not worth the paper its written on!

A type rated pilot with no hours is rather an unknown quantity. They need full base and line training, they have no gone through the Company groundschool and simulator course and therefore may no of covered what the Company want or are obliged for them to cover.

Remember, a type rated approved course has to follow a set and very rigid syllabus; the CAA insist on it, they want to make sure ALL pilots cover ALL subjects.

That I suspect is why they didnt bite off the hand of your friend.

Many years ago when Airtours converted their pilots from the MD-83 to the 320, they held this opinion. They would rather spend the money and put a pilot throught the complete course than have someone join who may of missed something important.

I know it doesnt help your friend but sometimes its good to have a bit of background info.

AH64 APACHE
18th Aug 2004, 08:39
Are they converting people on the 737 at STN for the 319 at STN?

Are there plans afoot to put any 319's into LTN?

outofsynch
18th Aug 2004, 08:43
AH64

yes all STN pilots converting to A319 between Nov and June.

No, no plans yet to change over LTN to airbus. Perhaps not so prbable either, with the Boeing training centre there.

eJ plans to have retired total 733 fleet in 18months.

fred peck
18th Aug 2004, 11:20
So, reading between the lines, training existing STN pilots onto the Bus, will ease the recruitment problem for a few months.

Nil further
18th Aug 2004, 14:31
Outof synch

Where did you get the info about the 733 retiring in 18 months ?

Never heard that one before !

NF

DoItInverted
18th Aug 2004, 17:16
kick the tires:

My friend did his rating in a recognised TRTO, he did base training (not ZFT!), has the rating on his licence, a UK licence..

So this guys won't cost a lot to any company. He just needs line training, ie normal flights.

I'm sure he'll find another company willing and happy to hire him! It might not be easyjet but his 320 rating will be the reason of him finding a job!

Cheers!
DII

DoleBoy
18th Aug 2004, 21:56
Prob30 Just wondering what your experience/background are, I have been trying ezy for the TRSS but no luck.

Regards DB :O

prob30
19th Aug 2004, 07:41
dole boy

integrated course, 1000 TT on a turboprop. Alledgedly it helps to know someone on the inside - it did with my application... From applying to job offer ranges from 1 month to 2 years. Can'treally be much more help im affraid. DONT ring and hassel them. They are a small dept flat out.

Someone suggested that updating your flying hours monthly 'refreshes' your application in the system...not sure if I agree with that but there you go. With the info from other posts above i suspect that external recruitment will slow up.

Keep it going and good luck.

Thanks for the info from others....anyone else getting sore eyes from the chlorine??

Ropey Pilot
19th Aug 2004, 08:46
Touched on this on a previous EZY thread with no definitive reply...

How does one enter into the system via the recommend scheme?:confused:

My mate says that I have to put his name on my app before he puts mine in at his end - but the only space to enter his name is as personal referee (and I haven't known him 5 years - surely that box is to get an airside pass, not to put in my mate's name).

As it is that is where I have put it and will explain situation and give name of my 5 year referee as soon as EZY show any interest in me.

My question is - will this work? Since the whole thing is computerised if it in the wrong place then it will make no difference to my app which will be lost among the many thousands of unsolicited apps. If it is the correct place and I am at the back of a very long queue/not what they are after I will never know!:{

Can anyone give me a definitve answer as to how the recommend scheme works please:sad:

(And yes I have queried this with my mate - his form says I have to put his name in the 'referee' box - which doesn't exist in the exact wording his instructions give). Just after advice from someone who has tried this and had it work:cool:

Cheers
RP

Megaton
19th Aug 2004, 08:57
I'm in the same boat. Mate glibly says put me down on the form and your application will bubble to the top. Open the web form and there is no convenient or appropriate field to nominate a sponsor within the company. Very frustrating! I'll do some more digging and see if I can find an answer but if there's anyone out there in easyland can answer I'd be very grateful.

Slim20
19th Aug 2004, 13:25
You need a pilot or manager inside EZY to put your name forward to Flight Deck Recruitment.

Then a very nice lady will pull out your e-form from the morass and forward it to management for direct entry or TRSS consideration.

That works a heck of a lot quicker than putting down a mate's name on your app form. Get your mate to recommend you via the EZY staff website.

Miss Kitty
19th Aug 2004, 14:03
Ropey Pilot & Ham Phisted,

The box you are looking for on the application form is located below the "why do you want to work for easyJet" box and is labelled "name of easyJet referee".

LVL CHG
19th Aug 2004, 15:39
As an Easy newhire, if magically given the option, would it be better to bid 737-700 out of Luton or now A319 out of STN if location in the London area didn't matter? Does one base offer better schedules or better operations than the other?

I bet the former GO pilots will be happy to get out of those junky 737-300s and into some nicer aircraft.

AH64 APACHE
19th Aug 2004, 21:23
So if they are not going to make Ltn a 319 base then why are they advertising for the 319 Training Manager to be based in LTN?

They can not be getting rid of all the 733s can they?

Ropey Pilot
20th Aug 2004, 08:20
Miss Kitty,

Cheers for that, finally found the box! I am sure it wasn't there before as I assumed section 6 of the form would be the correct place and looked several times. Either the form was altered or I just failed the first part of selection. :uhoh:

Slim 20

My mate said he tried recruitment on the phone several times with no luck but on the staff site his part of the recommend stated that I had to put his name on my form first - which was my concern.

Thanks to both of you :ok:

Megaton
20th Aug 2004, 13:47
Well rugger me! That box certainly wasn't there the last time I looked either. I was about to pen a "do you think I'm stupid" response but have just looked at the easyJet website and have seen the light. Many thanks although I assume with less than 500 hrs it will make sod all difference.

TRon
20th Aug 2004, 14:00
All the training team are based out of the Alteon Building in LTN. That is why I guess 319 Training Manager will be based there. There are lots of rumours as to which bases are becoming Airbus.

Word on the street at the moment is whever they are moving the 700's will remain a 700 base.

Wing_Bound_Vortex
21st Aug 2004, 00:08
word is that all the 733's are going to be returned soon to whoever they are leased from, leaving a 737 - 700 and 319 fleet. Would love to know which Uk bases are gonna be bus as well....

WBV