PDA

View Full Version : Ag Rating

Student-pilot
13th Aug 2004, 22:30
Hello,

I’m looking at doing an Ag Rating and was looking for some suggestions as to where to go, I’m in QLD but will to travel just about anywhere to get the best training.
I was also wondering who around S.E. QLD should I talk to about taking on an Ag 2?

Thanks for the help.

SP

solowflyer
14th Aug 2004, 02:40
You will need to do a season or two as a loader to earn your employers trust befor they will let you in the toys. Get yourself an HR truck licence then contact a few ag companies. The good news is that the busy season is about to start and most are looking for loaderdrivers this time of year.

An Ag rating will set you back around $12000 so make sure that this is what you want to do.

Pay is pretty good compaired to alot of stating GA jobs. I'm not sure what the QLD season is like but NSW and Vic have been hit pretty hard by the drought this year. WA and SA are sounding a lot better at the moment.

A very usefull website is [URL=http://www.fielair.com.au] They have a job posting section and employers activly browse this and will contact you. Also has links to other info about agflying. If you run a search in this fourum there is some usfull posts that will tell you all you need to know.

Good luck:ok:

currawong
14th Aug 2004, 11:13
Student-pilot,

If you want to train in QLD give Tony Pratt a call on 07 41622629 (Kingaroy).

There is training and there is training. How you go is really up to you. I reckon it is a lot to do with attitude as to whether you survive the first 100 hours post training.

You may wish to check out the AAAA website. www.aerialag.com.au

Good luck