PDA

View Full Version : Instructing FIC

cesspit
13th Aug 2004, 20:09
I am aware of the requirements to instructor for the FIC, but how does one start the ball rolling?

Does your employer have to nominate you for an interview with the CAA, or can you work towards FIC approval independently.

Noggin
14th Aug 2004, 07:48
This is a bit of a chicken and egg situation, two approvals are required, one for the individual instructor and the other for the organisation. Normally both are applied for together unless the organisation is allready approved.

You can start the ball rolling by applying to CAA PLD Standrds Support. It takes quite a while to get to the selection process which is now conducted at a Flight Test Centre and lasts most of the day as opposed to the old interview system.

Whilst you are waiting, sit in on a course and arrive well prepared with a knowledge of how to run an FICourse.

FlyingForFun
15th Aug 2004, 20:03
I suggest having a chat with someone who deals with this kind of thing, such as On Track aviation (http://www.ontrackaviation.com/). As well as being able to provide you with advice on how to get the ball rolling, they also run a 1-day course which will prepare you for the interview with the CAA to give you the best chance of getting through it.

(I'm not connected with On Track in any way except as a satisfied customer.... I did my FIC course with them.)

FFF
-------------