Morzy
13th Aug 2004, 21:12
Yeh......I have send my CV to them, hope to be part of a happy family.:E

autopilot_99
13th Aug 2004, 21:18
Morzy, Good luck..but you will not be happy in QR if AAB is still around.:\

aagg
14th Aug 2004, 12:34
Same as Emirates and all the other Middle-Eastern airlines, isn't it?

Dani
14th Aug 2004, 14:47
Why would you think that they grow so much, have that success and order all the most shiney aircraft? Certainly not because they are better run than the "classic" airlines in the western world!

apaddyinuk
14th Aug 2004, 15:01
HAHAHAHA....

ITS NO :mad:ING HAPPY FAMILY DOWN!!!!
Im former crew for them and beleive me, this is one airlne you want to stay well clear of!!!

privatejet
14th Aug 2004, 15:57
lets put few things right here
if you are reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaallllllllllllllllllllllllllllly desperate for a job go to the gulf(any airline) until you get some experience or have another choice and then get out fast
just take my word i know what im talking about
dont be a foul of what they say even the summer suprises in dubai is just a way of attracting people just get there and see
your selfs
airlinewise what can i say is just a desert turn green because of oil which is going to run out one day anyway
good luck to all planning on heading that way

comet4c
15th Aug 2004, 20:11
aagg,

Emirates does not get a single fils and is not subsidised at all by Dubai government. Government also does not fight for their traffic rights and Dubai Airport's open sky policy still exits.

Qatar Airways, Saudia, Kuwait Airways, Al Arabia and Oman air are all heavy subsidised by their respective governments.

Comet4C

Rumble
16th Aug 2004, 17:44
Or more accurately Qatar Airways is effectively state owned. The same company also owns the airport catering & alcohol supply which is why everything is free !

They don't expect to make a profit for the next six or seven years with their huge aircraft buying programme and who is going to ask the questions as the money comes from the people who own the airline.

This is from a brief I attended by their finance guy.

I know two guys who recently went as F/O's & have come home very shortly afterwards as it was just no fun at all.

Think very hard unless your getting a direct command.

SV_741_India_Bravo
6th Sep 2004, 16:14
Saudia is supported by the govt,though plans are in the initial stage for privatisation....I hope it stays government......Gotta Love Saudia........................