PDA

View Full Version : CTC ATP Scheme

PA-28 CLOUD SURFER
13th Aug 2004, 15:57
I heard the other day runours that an airline were clearing the holding pool. Does anybody have any other information on this.

I would also like to ask if anybody knows when it is best to apply for the scheme. Do you have to wait until you have the IR finished or can you apply for it during the IR training.

Keep Surfing!

BillieBob
13th Aug 2004, 16:09
I heard that CTC won the contract to provide half of Easyjet's A320 requirements, hence the new training centre at Nursling. The other half went to Airbus, who are moving into Burgess Hill in the short term whilst waiting for a brand new training centre to be built in the LGW area.

PA-28 CLOUD SURFER
13th Aug 2004, 16:12
so the holding pool is clear again and there will be room on the course so we should all apply very soon?

Rollerboy
13th Aug 2004, 16:40
Cloud Surfer IMHO you can do no better than apply for the CTC ATP scheme. However make sure that you meet the scheme requirements one of which is to hold a current multiengine IR. With that in mind pass your IR first. Check the website and phone CTC for further information then apply.

As for the hold pool. I don't think it's empty but CTC are an excellent outfit with a number of partner airlines, most of who are beginning to look towards CTC for lower hour guys. Now sounds like a good time to apply.

PM me if you need any help.

Rollerboy

Anyone for a jet job?

Mooney12
14th Aug 2004, 12:14
What airlines traditionally recruit out of the ATP scheme pool?

Thanks

Rollerboy
14th Aug 2004, 16:53
Britannia, Thomsonfly, Easyjet, Monarch, Thomas Cook, Channel Express/Jet2 and First Choice. All take from the hold pool, some even dipping into it now.

TRon
14th Aug 2004, 19:19
Britannia have just taken 10 on the 757 starting end of this month. Pool is empty(ish) at the mo, but a lot of CTC Ab Initio cadets with no assigned airline are going into the ATP Pool, so it wont be empty long.

That said, I would not try to pre-empt the pool size, get in as early as you can!

Rollerboy
14th Aug 2004, 20:41
TRon what you've said is interesting I was under the impression that all CTC Ab Initio cadets were assigned an airline. I know they are placed on sim courses with AQC guys. Still I echo what you've just written, get into the pool don't worry about numbers.

joe
14th Aug 2004, 21:44
Rollerboy,

I thought you lived up pigeon street, not down a lane.

Joe

TurtleMaster
15th Aug 2004, 09:24
I have it on good authority that Britannia haven't taken anyone from the pool.

Rollerboy
15th Aug 2004, 09:48
It's not worth getting into an argument about who is/ who isn't taking from the CTC pool at present. All we know is partner airlines take from the pool, they have jet a/c and don't ask you to pay a fortune for a rating.

We should therefore be working hard to get into the pool.

Oh and joe in a weeks time Iam going to be living down a different lane!:ok:

TRon
15th Aug 2004, 10:18
Turtlemaster, check your sources.

23rd August, Britannia 757 Conversion Course at Dibden with ATP Guys on it. Cant confirm how many for you.

TurtleMaster
15th Aug 2004, 10:21
I knew that. Check your sources. This course has now been cancelled.

TRon
15th Aug 2004, 10:29
Well fair do's!! I didn't know that!

Buddy of mine emailed to say he was starting 23rd on Sat. 14th. Guess he is going to be one unhappy bear!!

Waypoint 11
15th Aug 2004, 15:07
Hi,

I applied to the CTC ATP scheme about three months ago and was told I had got through to Stage 2. Is anybody in a similar situation or have any idea when we might be called for selection?

Cheers,

Waypoint 11

clearfortheoption
22nd Aug 2004, 14:44
Just to confirm 10 CTC cadets from the ATP scheme(I know 4 of them) starting tomorrow 23/08 the TR course for Britannia 757 .

Best of luck guys ! not many of us left in the holding pool...I can't wait!!!

CFTO:cool:

TurtleMaster
22nd Aug 2004, 15:26
Just to confirm that this is totally untrue. Why do you people insist on making things up all the time.

TRon
22nd Aug 2004, 16:56
Here we go again!!

Mooney12
22nd Aug 2004, 21:08
Britannia aren't even on the CTC client list, so I dare say this isnt true

clearfortheoption
23rd Aug 2004, 06:59
Believe what you want I am just telling FACTS .

CFTO:cool:

TRon
23rd Aug 2004, 10:26
Mooney are you saying they have never been on, or not at the moment?

If you are talking about the McAlpine scheme Britannia do not use CTC for their sponsorships as they do it themselves, but do use them for shortfalls.

Incidently Air 2000 are on their 'client list' which show how often that is updated!

Mooney12
23rd Aug 2004, 12:32
I don't know who uses the ATP pool hold. I just looked at the client list and Britannia aren't on it. I thought CTC would be quick to update such a list.

I take it Air 2000 aren't involved anymore?

TurtleMaster
28th Aug 2004, 10:57
Just found ou that the 10 on the Britannia course did go ahead and start. But also found out that due to lack of demand for pilots from partner airlines and the phasing out of the ATP scheme due to the success CTC-McApline scheme, they will not be accepting any more applications. Looks like this is the beginning of the end to me.

TRon
28th Aug 2004, 18:53
I dont know if it is lack of demand, more likely that they no longer need to take fATPL whom they have not 'sponsored' since many of the McAlpine guys/girls (which is now CTC as they have bought McAlpine's) are 'white tails' and are going into the ATP Hold Pool, which I imagine as you say will change to the Sponsorship hold pool.

The Greaser
28th Aug 2004, 19:46
The ATP scheme is alive and well and now in its 11th year. I believe last year more cadets were placed than any other year of the scheme and I see no reason why it will not continue.

ADFsss
26th Oct 2004, 19:28
Time to kick some life back into this thread!

Anyone heard something about any recent movement in the pool? How many are there in the pool? News?

Thanks!

Superfly
27th Oct 2004, 11:08
Apparently, as of today, there are 16-18 people in the pool. No major move since it was flushed last time on 23rd of August by Britannia.

SF

TurtleMaster
27th Oct 2004, 17:13
How do you know that there are that many in the pool? And is it definately true about 10 going to Britannia?

TRon
27th Oct 2004, 18:13
Jesus Turtle, you seem to proclaim you have the inside track, and yet you are questioning this again.

YES CTC ATP cadets went to Britannia, currently out in Dubai doing the sims.

TurtleMaster
27th Oct 2004, 18:36
Why are they in Dubai? Seems a strange place to go for a sim. Surely they would go to somewhere nearer.

ADFsss
28th Oct 2004, 15:29
Ok, thanks SF!

Are you in the pool or know someone there?

TRon
28th Oct 2004, 16:43
Sorry I meant Brunei!!

No idea, must be a cheap 757 sim per hour. CTC are bar none book the greatest number of sim hours in europe on commercial airliners. I guess they give them a good deal!!

Plus, last I heard the boys were none too unhappy about that!

TRon

TurtleMaster
29th Oct 2004, 17:30
Still think it sounds a bit suspect to me.

ADFsss
30th Oct 2004, 07:26
Just heard about some lucky ones going to Brunei for the sim through some other sources.

So Turtlemaster, even though some things seem strange they can be the thruth!

Reading on another tread about FO from Britannia going to ThomsonFly, one start to wonder if they will replace some of them with more ATP pilots? Anyone with some info?

A

BillieBob
30th Oct 2004, 09:16
Simulator time, especially 757 simulator time, is very difficult to come by these days. I have heard of one outfit training on the PanAm 767 sim in Miami and then doing differences training to the 757 because they can't find enough sim capacity to do the full course on the 757.

djchandler
30th Oct 2004, 09:34
Do you know when there are selections?

I've just sent them the applycation form for atp scheme that ctc gave.

TurtleMaster
1st Nov 2004, 10:20
Do you know if they are guaranteed a job at the end of their six months and what happens if they are not. 757 ratings are not much use these days.

mbcxharm
1st Nov 2004, 14:53
yeah, because noone flies 757s anymore do they?

TurtleMaster
1st Nov 2004, 15:20
Not many do and the ones that do won't be for much longer.

Oscar Juliet
1st Nov 2004, 17:22
There are worse things that you could than spending 6 months flying a 757. At the end of the day you get the important jet and multi crew time.

mbcxharm
1st Nov 2004, 17:33
Exactly, I'm extremely grateful and lucky to have my B757/767 type rating on my licence...

TRon
1st Nov 2004, 22:18
You sound a bit bitter TurtleMaster, fail did we?

TheFatMan
4th Nov 2004, 18:08
No doubt a 757 rating will do for many years to come, can I have one...

But what about movement in the pool? I have an application in and wondering about the future for the ATP Scheme.

Thomas Cock being a frequent taker from the pool, will they do that in their ongoing recruitment?

Heard that CTC expect big demand from their clients in the near future but no movement since aug?

Anyone in TC, Monarch, easy, Britannia, etc? Comments?

Thx

TFM

Pilot Pete
4th Nov 2004, 18:53
TurtleMaster

Do you have any idea what you are talking about?

Take a look at this link (http://www.caa.co.uk/srg/aircraft_register/ginfo/search.asp) (you have to type 'Boeing 757' in the appropriate field for the search), as it shows 105 B757s registered in the UK alone. Let's assume about 7 crews per aircraft (a fair assumption for charter which is what most would do) and that means 1470 pilots.

Now sure, I have no idea what all 105 are doing and the figure of 1470 pilots could be way off the mark, but the point is there are lots of 757s currently flying in the UK and which will continue to do so for many years to come. Just because a manufacturer stops building them doesn't mean they disappear overnight.....:rolleyes:

So 757 ratings are not much use these days. is obviously incorrect. As is Not many do and the ones that do won't be for much longer do you disagree? You obviously don't know much about CTC either, judging by thisStill think it sounds a bit suspect to me. What exactly is 'suspect' about a company using a simulator somewhere other than on their doorstep? Ever thought how economics and business were interlinked? I'll leave you to do your own research as to why CTC use Royal Brunei Airlines simulators, but it's not a tough question to answer really......;)

PP