PDA

View Full Version : Loadies

Cloudcounter
13th Aug 2004, 15:27
Is it my imagination, or is there a shortage of experienced Loadmasters out there?

Cee of Gee
13th Aug 2004, 20:41
There are a few still 'out there'
Unfortunately, the opportunities to get any experience are drying up, as the main players use computers and dispatchers.

Cloudcounter
14th Aug 2004, 09:08
So if I'm looking for loadmasters with wide body experience, where do I start? All I seem to find are 'Loadmasters' who've only ever loaded bins on planes. Where are the real Loadmasters, the one's that know what pallets and straps are all about!!!

bennett282000
14th Aug 2004, 14:26
Theirs plenty of exp loadies out their but as the work died,alot of us(me included)had to find other work,tell me where are the jobs,cause i dont see any.

freightdoggy dog
14th Aug 2004, 23:30
Most "loadies" in the UK are working at GSS/Channex or AA, one even turned from poacher to gamekeeper and got a job as a cargo loading inspector at the C.A.A! Plenty are out of work though and I have a stack of C.Vs sitting on my desk. As for straps/pallets and casio calculators, they are a dying breed. If you are looking for experienced widebody guys/gals send me a pm.

Cloudcounter
15th Aug 2004, 09:10
OK so maybe there are a few out there.
Can they handle wide body trijet around the dark continent?
Bin pushers are not much good for this type of operation.If you can think on your feet and are not afraid of a bit of hard work send me a pm.

Top Loadie
16th Aug 2004, 22:04
I've let a few out-of-work "Air Loadmasters" know you're enquiring, can you send some details on a pm so I can pass them on? Base maybe?
You could try Wickes Air Services at Stansted. They may be able to help you out or put you on to the right people.

cressidom
18th Aug 2004, 11:33
Cloudcounter,

Please check you PM's and email

cheers

wideloader
20th Aug 2004, 14:33
HI CLOUDCOUNTER I KNOW THAT WICKES AIR AT STANSTED
WILL BE ABLE TO HELP YOU