PDA

View Full Version : Transfer from Cathay pax fleet to a freight fleet is it possible?

Snowyman
13th Aug 2004, 15:00
Hi all Cathay Drivers,

Maybe this belongs to a CX wannabee forum, but here it goes. If one works on the pax fleet as an FO for couple of years is it possible to transfer to a freight fleet. I know that the conditions are different on the freight side, but mainly has anyone done this before and what was involved except possibly a new rating?

Thanks

SM

cpdude
13th Aug 2004, 15:09
Sure you could but why would you?

If you worked at a fine restaurant making good money would you move to a fast-food restaurant and work harder for less money?

Yes, it was a silly question but now you know!:rolleyes:

Snowyman
13th Aug 2004, 16:50
Thanks cpdude,

Yes it maybe was a silly question, but had to ask-you know..:O The reason was basings.

Thanks

SM

404 Titan
13th Aug 2004, 17:17
Bases aren’t exclusive to the freighter fleet only. After a few years on the pax fleet you can take up a base as well.

Basil
15th Aug 2004, 10:23
I was once told there's no such thing as a silly question :confused:

cpdude
16th Aug 2004, 00:01
You were naive.:rolleyes:

shortly
16th Aug 2004, 02:11
Back to the very reasonable question at the start. The answer is yes of course you can and many people have. Some attemts at a slight short cut to command - most not very successful - and others for location reasons. The Classic, if that is where you are interested, will be around for a couple of more years yet and of course the 400 freighter fleet is growing like topsy. The 400 freighter fleet is now centrally managed with all the mainline 400s and the Classic fleet goes it alone. There are the usual roster gripes, what airline doesn't have them? But overall the guys/gals seem reasonably content with their lot. There is a pay disparity adversely affecting the Aussies and attempts to redress this have not been fruitful. By the way, yours was not in any sense a silly question. If you want more detail please IM me. GL.