PDA

View Full Version : Ttbla Conversion An Restrictions

solowflyer
13th Aug 2004, 12:39
The blond in me must be coming out.
Converting a NZ CPL to an Oz CPL with the TTBLA does not allow the conversion of a PPL.

Now as I don't have an Australian PPL But have an Australian CPL does this mean that I can not fly unless flying for reward or payment. In other words i can only fly as a commercial pilot but not go out for a private stooge about with your mates?:confused:

Next question as each A/C type requires a rating in NZ but not so in OZ What happens if you have been flying a type in australia but head back to New Zealand and don't have a type rating for that model aircraft signed off in the back of the log book. Does this mean you will have to do a type rating with an instructor before you fly it in New Zealand even though you have a coupple of hundred hours in that type? :{

piontyendforward
13th Aug 2004, 20:23
The tranz tasman agreement covers only the complete Prossesional Licence, i.e. not subjects but the full licence.

Only the Aussie Command IR is transferable to the NZ IR.

You can use a CPL for PPL privaliges.

Type ratings are not automatic transfer to NZ, you photocopy the page in the logbook where you were issued an endorsment for a type send money and copy to CAA and hope they accept it to add it to your licence. Some type ratings will not be accepted ie A320 type unless NZCAA has approved the course, or you have significant time on type (usually 500 plus with an airline the CAA accepts) and the type is on the NZ register eg you will not get the A330 on a NZ licence.

It may be bull dust but that how its done.