PDA

View Full Version : Multi Training Approval

Incloud
13th Aug 2004, 04:17
G'day all!

Quick one........ just wondering what the requiriments are to upgrade from a SE instructor rating to a Multi?????

Thanx in advance...

Incloud :ok:

swh
13th Aug 2004, 08:13
Incloud,

Actual requirements are in the instructor rating section of the CAO's.

In brief you will need.....

An instructor rating ... any grade
50 hrs twin command (which may include ICUS)
Briefings for the twin training
Flights for twin training
Maybe some twin IFR stuff from the RHS (not reqd by law)

A flight test

To see what you would be covering in the briefs and flights have a look at the CAAP for multi engine endorsements.

:ok:

Tinstaafl
13th Aug 2004, 22:33
As above but it's a maximum of 25 hrs m/e ICUS

Capt Fathom
13th Aug 2004, 23:29
Slightly off topic..
I am suprised sometimes by the sort of questions asked here, the answers to which are readily available in our documentation.
My question is...are people too lazy to look things up for themselves, or is it that they just don't have any CAOs AIPs etc.
I've noticed the same ppruners always come forward with the answers...you guys have got to get out more!
:)

redsnail
13th Aug 2004, 23:31
Where Tinny is he doesn't want to get out too much. Big ass hurricane bearing down on him. :D

Jet_A_Knight
14th Aug 2004, 00:09
There are 2 guys that know the regs:

The guy that wrote them & Tinny. :ok:

swh
14th Aug 2004, 01:13
Capt Fathom,

People who know me know that I carry a lot of what seems to be useless information in my head. I have been asked many times for tid bit's of info, and more than happy to answer or find and answer…..one that I keep getting asked in the origins of the 1:60 rule by people going to do their grade 1 upgrades.

Like a lot of people out there I do not own my own copy of the CAR's, CAO's, AIP (apart from AIP MAP), I use whats in my head, the operators library or the CASA web site....questions like this M/E upgrade I dont need to look up...just know it...and takes SFA time to fire away a response.

Considering this site was set up many moons ago in the support of wannabe people to get info from more experienced people, I would like to see more questions like this asked....promote discussion...

I find some of the simplest questions can tend to lead into some fairly diverse directions, makes me think, and I end up learning.

That’s good for everyone !

:ok: