PDA

View Full Version : Success stories?

orville_emuas
11th Aug 2004, 16:06
Hi all,

I've just graduated and intend to go modular to train for my ATPL by next year, and have used Pprune as a basis for my research.

One of the themes I seem to continually discover concerns the downfalls of training and the bleak outlook for the industry of late.

I was wondering if there are in fact any success stories out there of people who have made it either throught the integrated or modular route?

If there are, I'd love to read them to raise my own (and I imagine other wannabes) morale and determination to succeed in this line of work.

Cheers,

Orville

scroggs
11th Aug 2004, 23:45
Please see the Archive Reference thread (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=131649). It includes many axamples of those who have made it, and some discussion about the job market - which is far from bleak.

Scroggs

GusHoneybun
12th Aug 2004, 16:49
Another bit of advice, take everything you read on this site with a huge pinch of salt. I would say the grumblers out number the happy chappies by quite a ratio. Most grumblers seem to hang around in this forum. Read all the information listed by old scroggsy as this will tell you what you are getting yourself into. Keep your eyes open and for gawds sake don't pay for any course up front, however attractive it looks on paper.

Good luck

scroggs
12th Aug 2004, 23:14
Old Scroggsy? OLD SCROGGSY??

Thank you very much! :mad: ;)