PDA

View Full Version : Do S/Os get to FLy the bird ANYTIME in CX?

Young_Turk
11th Aug 2004, 05:15
Can anyone tell me if the S/Os get to touch the controls of the big birds anytime during their service? or they just keep yappin away on the atc for mundane pos reports?

here i am doing 2 landings a day on 737-3/4/7/800s everyday and happy with flying the machine as an F/O. Do tell me how the scene is in Cx. how are the sectors divided amongst S/Os, F/Os and the Holy Commanders!!

Ciao

Yeager
11th Aug 2004, 07:40
Hi there,

Who cares whether you touch the controls or NOT for a few years, being a Second Officer for Cathay Pacific. You know that after af few years you WILL be at the controls anyways - and that will be on a big nice bird for a first class airline. I`ve been touching controls for the last 9 years, often doing 5 (2-3 myself) t/o-ldg a day - I think I can handle a few years without.

To be more specific to you question; you can pass by the CX website www.cathaypacific.com and search for direct entry pilots and have a look at it, it will give you a clue to answer your question.

Good luck to you and happy landings
Y

Colonel W E Kurtz
11th Aug 2004, 12:31
Only when the Captains in the toilet!!

Left Wing
11th Aug 2004, 14:35
Only in the sim every 2 mths. ;) And the Cabin ladies will not talk to you, not quite like how its for you guys in India;) ;) ;)

Schrodingers Cat
19th Aug 2004, 07:56
Makes you sigh for when the surplus BA cadets were with us, all quoted on the Bombay stock exchange for marriage potential.......stock prices going up and down as line checks and sim checks were passed or not.......:D

ronnie123
19th Aug 2004, 17:58
Pilots in india seem to get IT more often than the Bollywood guys without singing around trees in the rain / snow...:O.

NTMU
26th Aug 2004, 00:42
ha ha, who cares bout the control, the pay for that radio man is higher than some of the major airlines captain's income... what more do you want? only do the drift down and rapid de-comp drills as their base check...:O

btw, you wont get the real fun for flying big bird as compare to B737, you'll miss the little mosquito when you are inside the big jet...