PDA

View Full Version : Cathay retirement at 55

Smokie
10th Aug 2004, 19:41
I have heard a whisper that this may be extended to 60.
Any of you guys got more info on this?

Many thanks.

Regards Smokie.

Plastique
11th Aug 2004, 15:52
Looking at it pragmatically, I cannot see that CX will increase the retirement age beyond 55 until most of the high-rolling A scalers have been put out to pasture. As soon as the high cost senior A scalers have hung up their dancing shoes you can expect that the retirement age will be pushed out to 60.

Baywatcher
11th Aug 2004, 16:26
I think it will happen within the next year and A scalers will be offered extensions till 60 on B scale

Flying Bagel
11th Aug 2004, 19:15
Their are a select few captains right now that have offered their services to the freighter fleet from the mainline fleet to extend their retirement age to 60 already. From what I've heard, the salary that they are offered is neither A or B scale...

Fr8t M8te
11th Aug 2004, 21:48
Most peculiar really. They are working twice as hard on crappy Classic rosters for about one third of their A-scale money. Maybe there is a secret deal out there somewhere.......

shortly
13th Aug 2004, 08:56
The majority of the extendees on the Classic are having a ball and are thankful to fly the old Queen of the sky. Working twice as hard? I doubt that or maybe I can't read rosters given my tender years. Another cup of Horlicks and pass the reading glasses please. But back to the post, 60 retirement is just about inevitable given the expansion plans. I would imagine that the AOA and t'company are in back room discussion about this now. Surely it would be in everyones interest. Save the company a shedload of money with the right agreement - and who wants to retire at the peak of your abilities? Otherwise Air Atlanta or some other fantastic employer become your only option.