PDA

View Full Version : Training predicament towards CPL ME IR

bestspeed
10th Aug 2004, 00:46
Hello there

I am currently in NZ and have got my NZ PPL. I want to end up back home with a JAR ATPL eventually but whilst I'm here I am going to work towards that, I might as well, considering hour building here is cheap.

I need some advice though. If I do this as efficiently as possible I want to finish my training in the UK next year with only some (the minimium) flying and the exams to do. I will not go for an NZ CPL/ATPL etc as its too much hassle to convert.

Heres what I'm thinking:

Hour build here (all the hours count right?)
Do my JAR CPL night rating requirements here (will this count?)
Do my JAR CPL cross country flying requirements here (will this count?)
Do my multi rating here (I'm pretty sure I should do this in the UK)Back home - convert to the JAR PPL
Back Home - do the ATPL groundschool
Back home - do Multi IR/CPL exams etc etc

Basically what should I do?!! Whats the best way of doing this?

Thanks everyone:8

Justiciar
10th Aug 2004, 09:27
I suggest you look at LASORS on the CAA web site, which gives you an idea of what you have to do to convert from PPL abroad to a JAA PPL. The document can be found here:

www.caa.co.uk/docs/33/LASORS.PDF (http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/33/LASORS.PDF)

Basically, the situation is much easier if you come back with more than 100 hours - you then only have to do the air law and human performance exams and take a skills test. You can transfer any night rating, but not sure about a twin rating. It is not a CPL night rating, as it is added to the PPL. The night qualification is however required to get a CPL. All your flying time should count towards the requirements of the CPL and IR. I take it you mean to do the CPL and IR training in the UK? That will be 25 hours CPL + 50 hours multi IR if done in that order or 55 hours IR and 15 CPL if done in this order (you are exempt the 10 hours instrument flying on the CPL if you hold an IR.