PDA

View Full Version : The Gods Honest

joe
8th Aug 2004, 21:11
I keep reading all the time people saying if I do this course (essentially) will I get a job?????????????

The answer is, forget this integrated/ modular debate, whatever route you take you end up with a piece of paper that essentially says you can pass an IR, probably a route you have practiced several times, flying Oxford to Cambridge, great, how relevant is that in a commercial world.

Whatever the route you take, only IMHO will the top 5-10% end up with a job, and that is not necessarily the guys with 95% averages on the ATPL's. When an employer gets your CV marked in bold with your "high average" because you learnt the feedback well, rather than thinking for yourself, do you really think he/she gives a s**T.

95% of the guys I trained with are of the opinion that, I've paid for an integrated course and essentially that should be enough, almost a guarantee of a job.............

B******t people. Wake up and smell the coffee. You will hear pilots saying no its not right to have to pay for a SSTR or that CTC is a rip off, however its probably the dead wood (Oh the queen paid for my training, (god I hate that quote)) who say that, i.e. the people happily sat flying jets who have no interest in job markets or what its like starting out in the airline industry. It’s not their fault it’s just that times are a changin.

Only the people who essentially get out their and find their own links (rather than asking on interviews etc for questions on the CTC assessment days, questions, questions, questions.)

Je**s Christ. If people think they are going to be future training captains and they can't even think of what preparation or for that matter think for themselves when it comes to selection then god help us all.

At the end of the day it’s true that any monkey can fly a plane and probably pass the ATPL's given enough chances, but why does everyone give the likes of Ryanair a bad press. The only guys who have sour grapes are the ones who didn't cut the mustard. All you guys and girls out there who think that it’s easy to buy a job with Ryan, its not.

Rather than sitting on your arses and moaning, get yourselves out there, network, if its news on PPJN or PPrune it’s too late.

Seize the day and get out there.

Only my thoughts and comments.

Rollerboy
8th Aug 2004, 21:21
Well said Joe the more people understand this the better. Its not given that you will get a job. However you pays your money you take your chance!

Anyone for tennis?