PDA

View Full Version : Which chapters

Batavorum
7th Aug 2004, 07:59
Which chapters of Handling the Big Jets do you have to read for the CTC selction.

OBK!
7th Aug 2004, 08:56
Chapters 1,2,3,4,5,6.....

No one is going to give answers like this to you on a plate...especially CTC when it comes to the tests.

:ok:

mattd2k
7th Aug 2004, 14:49
Batavorum,

If you are not prepared to put the effort in to read a single book then give up now! I am fed up of reading posts on the Wannabe forums with people wanting to know how to cut corners in order get to a RHS position quicker!

For my PPL exams I read all of the Trevor Thom books. A few people told me to just learn the confuser as the books went into more depth than was required for PPL, but as this is a career choice for me I thought it more beneficial to understand the theory rather than just learn the answers to the questions.

I am currently studying hard for my ATPL exams to ensure that the knowledge I am gaining will stay there for longer than the exam week! I know of people who have laughed at this and have just approached the exams using the feedback they have been given. Yes, they passed their exams but I am sure that 6 months on they couldn't pass the same paper again as they will have forgotten the answers they learnt rather than trying to acquire the knowledge of the subject taken.

What will happen when you are lucky enough to be given an interview and asked technical questions? Are you going to ask for a choice out of four answers to guess from? My point is you never know what questions you are going to be asked, so why risk failing an interview because they just happen to ask you a question from a chapter you didn’t read!

As OBK has said
No one is going to give answers like this to you on a plate

MD2K

StudentInDebt
8th Aug 2004, 00:25
Might be worth reading all of them perhaps?

Its an ok read and most of the stuff in there applies to todays jet turbine aircraft. Also gives an insight into the dawning age of jet aviation and shows just how far we have come in the 30 years since the book was written.

Leyden eh? ;)

Rollerboy
8th Aug 2004, 21:43
Chapters 1-5, 7 and 11 (if you have that edition). However I don't know what stage your at during the selection process so can't go into more depth.