europe.I WILL RECIEVE OTHER PRICES TOMORROW
THAT I WILL POST.

Any thoughts out there guy's

SAFE FLYING

MIKE

PicMas
4th Aug 2004, 06:16
Here's a thought:

If you have "some good hours now" why pay for a typerating?

I betcha the $12,500 747 T/R will be on a classic, and will be an appendix H. Unless you already have a jet typerating you will need 3 T/O and landings to get rid of that restriction. But then again if you are prepared to fork out for 500hrs I'm sure there will be a couple of landings involved.

trainer too 2
4th Aug 2004, 08:59
The main components of a TR are the sim, program and instructor.

The sim is a variety of qualities and certification levels. The FAA accepts a different tolerarance than the JAA to be level D compliant.

The FAA programs tend to be shorter than the JAA equivalent.

The instructors are more expensive as they need to be at least a SFI and they even need experience of 1500 hours on a commercial aircraft. You and I would expect as a trainer to receive a minimum of Euro 500 per day as an instructor.

Now add this together and there is your answer, none of this rip of Europe crap just different standards and wages...:oh:

Penworth
4th Aug 2004, 09:12
So what's the crossover, if any, between a type rating obtained in the USA and one obtained in Europe? I'm assuming that no airline in Europe would accept a type rating issued in the USA? What about American airlines accepting one done in Europe?

Places such as Delta Connection Academy with whom you pay to work for a certain number of hours, presumably type rate you in the USA. What kind of validity would this type rating + hours have in Europe?

BillieBob
4th Aug 2004, 13:59
Mike - I assume that you have a FAA licence to which you will attach this type rating. Unless the course is JAA approved, you will need 500 hours on type before the JAA will add it to a JAA licence. To do that, you will also have to pass a LPC on the type and to have passed the appropriate performance exam.

With less than the required 500 hours experience, you will need to undergo training at a JAA approved TRTO and pass the LST.