PDA

View Full Version : ATPL groundschool in UK...

MystiCKal
1st Aug 2004, 19:12
Which one should I choose? I am taking the APP and was wondering which groundschool I should go with before beginning at EFT since they need to know....

EFT recommended Bristol... Is that one any good? Any other suggestions?

AIRWAY
1st Aug 2004, 20:23
G'day,

A good search using the PPRuNe search engine will give you the answers you're looking for ( and hundreds of them ).

Happy hunting.

Airway
:ok:

Biscuit
2nd Aug 2004, 08:14
I went to London Met which was OK. I'm not really the studying type but managed to get them all done in the time I was there. I live in London and so was used to the place it but it is quite an expensive city to live for 6-8 months. If you're distance learning, Bristol seem to have a good reputation.

Why do EFT need to know where you are going to do your Ground School?? Nothing to do with them I would have thought.

B

MystiCKal
2nd Aug 2004, 11:09
I went to London Met which was OK. I'm not really the studying type but managed to get them all done in the time I was there. I live in London and so was used to the place it but it is quite an expensive city to live for 6-8 months. If you're distance learning, Bristol seem to have a good reputation.

A representative called me and said that they'd need to know where I was going since the APP cost includes a part of the groundschool training of the distance learning. other than that, I have no idea why they'd ask for where I was going before I got enrolled.... I mean they prompted me this question before I even sent in my application forms. So I don't know...

Now I\'m wondering if the APP cost includes my accomodation during my stay in UK...

heinzmanm
2nd Aug 2004, 11:37
Firstly, they ask where you want to go before you start so that they know that you have decided where you will be going when it's time to do the groundschool. It's so that there are no gaps in your training and that you and EFT know what your plans are.
As for accomodation, the APP course is included ONLY for the time that you are in the USA ie. the first 3-4 months and then the final 3-4 months. Accomodation whilst you do the groundschool is up to you.

Matthew