PDA

View Full Version : Aeroamerica

1970s Spotter
30th Jul 2004, 07:51
Anyone out there know of an operator called AEROAMERICA that op. Boeing 720s and 707s in the 70s and early 80s?
Apart from IT charters outta West Berlin (as it was then) what else did they get up to?

Anyone had first-hand experience of their service?

Just curious

Thanks people

LTNman
2nd Aug 2004, 22:27
One of their 707's was scrapped at Luton behind the Britannia hangar

uy707
6th Aug 2004, 17:37
They had several 720-020s pure jet with the organ-piped exhaust ducts. Each of them was painted on an identical livery pattern but with different colours from one fleet member to another.
Pattern of livery was
-white-roof top
-hockey like cheatline running until half tail
-stilized round shaped world logo
-white undersides
The ones I have seen
- blue two tones
- orange two tones
- green two tones
- yellow and amber and
-the reverted one : red-roof/white cheat line + logo/red belly !!!
707s came later and not at all in the same colours scheme
-a single model turbo-fan 123B flew around in a silver finish, a red cheat line and a large eagle head adorning the inner half of the tail.
-a couple of pure-jet 321s, also operated by Perfect Air Tours, but I wonder if those were titled as AeroAmerica.
AeroAmerica also operated out of Tegel
-a Bac 111-200 (or 400) anyway it was a short body, same livery pattern as the 720s, colors selected for the cheat line was a yellow/brown
If not matching the description, the 707s seen by LTNman are in fact some of the 720s which actually met their fates at LTN
Alain

Avman
7th Aug 2004, 13:30
I remember Aeroamerica and even have a slide or two of their a/c. But, typical me, what I really recall was that, in line with the fashion at the time, their female F/As all wore hotpants!!! :cool: :ok: