PDA

View Full Version : Internship

FL.06
28th Jul 2004, 23:03
Hello there

This was my first post but I placed it in the other wannabes section, I've moved it in the hope of getting some advice.

To set the scene, I am a 5 hour total time pilot with a Class 1 medical. I am about to jump out of the boredom frying pan into the flight training fire. I am considering many different routes and have recently seen a paid internship program advert in Pilot magazine to work in California as a flight instructor to 1500hr TT(incl JAR fATPL).

A couple of questions if I may.

1. Has anyone heard of a company called Angel City Flyers?
2. What do you think of this as a route?

Any advice appreciated

FL.06

dickon
30th Jul 2004, 01:06
HI FL.06

A couple of months ago I was enquiring about what to do next ie CFI,CFII or MEI or go straight to a type rating.

I was then put on to Angel City Flyers by Chille Monster through this site and am now sitting here in Caliornia have the MEI already and CFI and CFII coming up soon.

I have to say for the school, that I have never seen better organised training and have never been given a better service all the way up to my now massive 310hrs

I have heard of the Internship and wish it had been offered when I started.

Unlike a lot of similar internships out there, you actually get paid to instruct once you are at the commercial level.

Any way as long as you don't mind the miserable weather out here in California then I think there is no place in the world better for flight training.

Feel free to PM me for more info!

D

razzele
30th Jul 2004, 14:58
be careful, that word internship sounds to me like slavery !

i may be a million nautical miles off, my apologies if i am, but i smell a rat.

would it be possible that they want to train you with your money to be a CFI in california then work you like a mule, minus pay, for your sweat and tears.

plenty of other schools offer paid work on a j1 visa

r

dickon
30th Jul 2004, 15:07
From what I have heard, while being here, it sounds like a good deal.

You walk out at the end with JAA and FAA ATPL's (i think) and over 1500hrs with loads of multi time.

The only thing I can say about this school is that if you just wanna past the test then don't bother coming here cos these guys are seriously into profficiency and will really make you fly well, not just to passing standards like most schools, but well beyond.

D