PDA

View Full Version : Eastern Airways????

Delta Echo Bravo
28th Jul 2004, 14:22
Hi, just wondering if anyone knows anything of the Eastern Airways hiring process and how to get going with them. Apparently they're looking for people ideally with 1000hrs and multi time. My experience is quite substantially above this. Was wondering what the score is???

I've sent several CV's but only had the standard reply.

Any help?

haughtney1
28th Jul 2004, 14:46
Same here, Ive got over 1200 hrs, plenty of multi time 300hrs+ and lots of that is turbine multi-crew. The whole process seems to be a mystery, they dont respond to phone calls..and rarely respond to an email or two. It would save a lot of hassle if the info was more available so we wouldnt be asking soooo many questions.

smoooth landings

H

syed
28th Jul 2004, 21:13
Hi

I have been chasing eastern too so far no luck, with 1260 hours turbo-prop time 900 hours. I spoke to Sue Parkinson yesterday HR Dept, who now deals with the pilot recruitment, told me that there is no recruitment going on and job will be advertise on the website.

Seemingly they are not sure whether requirement for more pilots comes sooner then later . I think lot depends on BACX recruitment drive, might be able to persue some of the pilots to leave Eastern for better life style.

We are all on the same boat, middle of the ocaen with no horizon.
Its really frustrating but what can we do!

Good luck to everyone, trying to see the light at the end of tunnel. Must be a very long tunnel

Cheers:ok: :ok:

witchdoctor
29th Jul 2004, 10:04
Never seen Eastern advertise pilot jobs on the website, so not sure that is entirely accurate. Sounds more like a 'go away and stop bothering us' sort of answer.

Everybody I know who has got in knew somebody on the inside already. Seems like that is the most likley route to me. Maybe Mad Jock could provide more info.

mad_jock
29th Jul 2004, 13:55
Sorry don't have a clue how the proccess works or how they choose.

Or for that matter what the state of play is in regards to recruiment at the moment. They do get monumental numbers of CV's in.

Great company to work for. If you get the call go for it.

MJ

stop, stop, stop
29th Jul 2004, 22:59
Eastern have recently taken on a few new f/o's on the J32 fleet, but all have been type rated.

Seems that this is the way to go. If you have Command time on a a/c similar to the J32 then I would keep pushing!

I would guess that MME need another J32 f/o and INV are always on the look out as most crews are flying max duty hours.

New route starting from ABZ in Nov (BRI) so possible recruitement needed to cover that? I would advise you state that you are keen to move to ANY base (and be truthful!) on ur CV and keep the printer warm! A few f/os have been taken on after they payed for their own type ratings but had no line experience.

Best of luck!

SSS

witchdoctor
30th Jul 2004, 08:58
Thinking about it, the 3 guys I know were all FI's too. Maybe that's the secret formula.;)

A Very Civil Pilot
30th Jul 2004, 10:18
If you do get a chance for an interview, it's a real 'pilots' affair. Quick chat with the CP (nice bloke, can't remember his name), no HR, psychobabble etc, and half an hour later a job offer!. :p

(however I didn't take it as a 737 came along instead)

witchdoctor
31st Jul 2004, 16:54
Can I have yours then? :D