PDA

View Full Version : Polar -400 Parked

WhaleDriver
26th Jul 2004, 15:10
Anyone know the story on the Polar -400 that's been parked at MIA for the last five days? Can't make money with it parked. Is it broke or is Polar Broke?

How is the BK going?

74tweaker
26th Jul 2004, 23:22
Atlas is returning approx 20 freighters to leasors. Does this include Polar I wonder?

Beaver Driver
27th Jul 2004, 00:20
74 t

You couldn't be more wrong. Atlas will emerge from bk This Wed in good financial position. They have all their aircraft and are within 3 or 4 pilots of having the same crew force they had at the top of their game. Not sure why the Polar aircraft is parked there but Atlas is doing much better.

74tweaker
27th Jul 2004, 00:59
BD,
I was not at all trying to say that Atlas was going out of business, having less crews, or not doing well. I just had it from a few reputable sources that Atlas was to return approx 10 aircraft, and a few months ago that number doubled.

Could you shed a little light on this for me? I certainly hope they make it through alright and if I'm mistaken than it's truly good news and I'm sorry. Are they getting rid of (or have gotten rid of) any aircraft since Feb?

WhaleDriver
27th Jul 2004, 01:15
Now there's two sitting here in MIA?

Miami Freight
27th Jul 2004, 01:17
One of them was struck by lightning the other day. I don't know what the extent of the damage is. As far as number of aircraft the disclosure statement to the "plan" to emerge from BK claims it will operate 41 aircraft between the two airlines. I think it will be about a 28 to 13 split. Since publication of the plan the've announced plans to pull at least one Polar -100 out of the desert. I believe they've only abandoned 9 leases during the BK>

flite idol
29th Jul 2004, 17:40
Yep, apparently left hooked up to power cart with tow bar in contact with ground and then struck by lightening. Electrickery damage!