PDA

View Full Version : Gen Nav Hell

piper pervert
26th Jul 2004, 14:51
Hi All,
I am currently revising for a GN resit in September and after 8 months out,am seriously struggling to get my head round it all.Could anyone out their point me in the direction of some good learning material preferably on cd rom and/or where i might find some recent feedback.If so i would be eternally grateful!

Cheers chaps/chappettes.

PP

floppyjock
26th Jul 2004, 15:23
dito

See you in September

Floppy

razzele
26th Jul 2004, 17:52
hello there fellow northener

check your PM's , maybe i have a solution for you.

r

duir
26th Jul 2004, 21:47
Have failed GNAV twice:\
Once by 2% and once by 1%......would love to know the secret

Jinkster
26th Jul 2004, 23:25
I would speak to Send Clowns if I was you.

Jinkster

Send Clowns
27th Jul 2004, 09:56
I would get away from feedback for a short while, and concentrate on understanding the material thoroughly. I find if I take a struggling student a little deeper than the syllabus really demands then what they do need becomes clearer. As Jinkster implies I can help you with this, though my feedback is nothing special. Gen Nav is not easy to pass on feedback alone, as a few of my students/friends have found out!

If you have any questions feel free to send me a PM or contact me through work (ask for Richard, they should know me as Send Clowns but you might confuse some people!). I will answer as best I am able.

Send Clowns
Gen Nav destructor,
BCFT

[mods: I have tried not to advertise beyond helping ppruners, but if you feel this is out of order feel free to edit as you see fit]

witchdoctor
27th Jul 2004, 10:20
For the northern element prepared to pay in beer tokens, I may be able to help. Probably do me no harm to dust off the ATPL folders again. PM if you wish, and if you find the mud hut, you're 50% of the way there.;)

mad_jock
27th Jul 2004, 11:17
Same here Gen Nav was my bug bear.

And to this day I still reckon i didn't know any more between the time I failed it and passed it.

Don't know if the format has changed but there used to be 1 killer question at the end that if you got it wrong you could only miss another 4 questions or 2 if it was the 2 mark ones and that was you stuffed.

I used to think it was all pants but I have spoken to a few pilots that had to get the tools out when things have gone wrong and although rusty they managed to get through.

Alot of it seems pants especially in the UK but when your GPS drops out somewhere near greenland in a turbo prop with 3 hours fuel left and all you have is 2 NDBs to do your fixes by, huge amounts of variation. The do I add it or subtract it becomes pretty vital.

If I ever get to the stage though that i am relying on my knowledge of compass turn errors. I am knackard. It used to take much waving around of a CRP5 and a pencil to work out what was going on.

MJ

floppyjock
27th Jul 2004, 13:34
Mad Jock

Its still pants if its the CPL H your doing.

I was flying the Queens green stuff for 8 years and never seen any of this nonsence before. Guess thats why we got lost and run out of fuel every time we left the dispersal.

Floppy

fflyboy101
29th Jul 2004, 01:55
Nice one floppy!!!:E

flying paddy
29th Jul 2004, 22:16
Hi
I got a 68%, 74%, 74% and finally 76%. All I can say with regards to this hell that is Gen Nav is that it takes hard work, go back to the books, over and over again. The oxford cr@p 5 cd rom is very good help with speed, you know th subject, get to know the exams, practise. best of luck.