PDA

View Full Version : major question

alpar80
25th Jul 2004, 01:57
Im not sure if I am in the right area of this forum to be posting this question but this seemed the most logical place seeing that the header states professional pilots post here. I am a 23 year old college grad undergoing flight training in a pt.141 academy. The training I am recieving is intense, thorough, and quite expensive. The dilemma I have is if this is the best route for me. I want to get to the airlines in the quickest time possible with the least hours however, the money I am spending is outrageous ($16,000 on private alone). The training I am receiving will get me there in less hours than a pt. 61 opp however, it really isn't gaurenteed. I just don't want to be $80,000 in the hole, no job, searcing the yellow pages for FBOs to accept me with my few hours. I spoke with some people the other night who said the airlines are looking for hours and that I am wasting my money. I thought this was the best route, now I'm boggled! Please help, if anyone knows the best route to the airline is this the way to go? BTW the school is Delta Connection Academy in Florida.
:confused: