PDA

View Full Version : Jet2 Interview

uniboy
24th Jul 2004, 16:55
Anyone know any details about the Jet 2 Interview. I have an interview this week and any information would be really appreciated.

4Screwaircrew
24th Jul 2004, 17:35
If you run a search you should find lots of info, but you may need to look for Channel Express / Channex we are all the same thing with different paint;)

I believe you will be given psycometric tests and a group interview, personel and managment pilots, if all goes well then a sim test will occur prior to an offer of employment.

Good luck

jetplease!
8th Sep 2004, 12:42
Have also got an interview for Jet 2 in a couple of weeks. Have done a search, and whilst all info was good, most of it seems to date from last year. Does anyone have any recent info on the interview?
Would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Artificial Horizon
8th Sep 2004, 12:51
I also have an interview coming up soon so would appreciate any information on the process. I have tried the search function but there is not much detail on previous posts.

4Screwaircrew
8th Sep 2004, 15:04
AFAIK details still very similar but we now sell you the rating, if no previous jet time you will require JOC prior to starting. Details on the Channel Express web site. Rumour would have it we are looking for nearly 50 additional pilots.

Good luck

south coast
8th Sep 2004, 16:23
congrats to all of you with up coming interviews.

i applied to channel express/ jet 2 about 10 days ago and got the email that my cv was being processed.

could i please enquire from you people how long ago you applied and what kind of experience you all have.

thanks very much.

jetplease!
8th Sep 2004, 16:27
Applied about 3 weeks ago. got the confirmation email, then heard nothing till the glorious letter came through the post this morning.
850hrs, turboprop with EFIS.

Artificial Horizon
8th Sep 2004, 17:13
Likewise, I applied around 3 weeks ago and received the letter this morning. I have 2000 TT with around 900 hours turboprop with EFIS.

eagerbeaver
8th Sep 2004, 18:00
For the record me too! 650hrs 1 jet. Just had a glance at the info, looks reasonable, i am there on oct 6th, so excited.

I will pester you guys after you have been.

south coast
8th Sep 2004, 18:03
well i have 2200tt, 1800 multi turbine,800 efis....i guess i fall into a category similar to all you guys...

hope i get a call up....

jetplease!
8th Sep 2004, 18:03
eagerbeaver - see you there on the 6th!
what time is your interview?

Artificial Horizon
8th Sep 2004, 19:52
See you there on the 6th also, my interview starts at 12.30 so will give me time to fly down that morning. Should be fun!!!!

eagerbeaver
8th Sep 2004, 21:21
got to be there for 9am

jetplease!
9th Sep 2004, 08:26
I'm 12:30 also, but will prob be in the area the night before - can't trust the naff weather where I come from!

eagerbeaver
15th Sep 2004, 14:07
has anybody been for their interview yet? If so how did you fare?

clearfortheoption
18th Sep 2004, 18:20
When was the course planned for?

CUSTER
19th Sep 2004, 10:23
I have also been told the same about the Jet 2 trss, but the numbers not turning up are slightly higher.

The Jet 2 scheme is a mirror of that offered by Easy but at least with Easy you get to play with more modern kit within a short time as you will find yourselves on the 737 types up to NG or the Bus within a short time.

The deal Jet2 are offering is quite frankly not that impressive, £23,000 for a type rating on an old 737-300, based at Leeds or Belfast and the chance you will be seconded to night freight.

If you get the chance of the interview and sim go for it as this will be great practice for the real thing with Easy, Baby etc.

You can always give back word at short notice as i'm sure they would not hesitate doing it to you.

trainer too 2
20th Sep 2004, 20:09
But you will work for a company that treats you properly!:ok:

jetplease!
22nd Sep 2004, 11:43
Custer - Jet2 really that bad? Opinions from anyone else as to whether it's a good company or not to work for.............

One_Duh_Lust
22nd Sep 2004, 12:21
Does anyone out there have any specific info regarding the Jet2 sim ride? I know it's on a 737-300 with CTC, but I just wondered what profile etc they want......

Cheers to all!

tabo
23rd Sep 2004, 09:14
I have got an interview for the 4th october at 12h30.

I have to do personality, verbal reasonning and numerical test.

also an interview with a captain and 2 others people.

do you know what type of questions the capatain asks you???

where is exactely the place for the interview.

thanks

approachcontrol
23rd Sep 2004, 20:25
I also have an interview with Jet 2, so would appreciate if anyone who has been could offer any advice/help.

Thanks,

AC

tripilot
30th Sep 2004, 14:24
Very interesting that nobody who's had an interview has responded to this forum. Any info on the format or types of questions asked would be a help. Good luck to any one of us got an interview.

X-Centric
2nd Oct 2004, 12:36
CUSTER

Why do you say that Jet2 will be good practice for the real thing with Baby or easyjet? Why would anyone want to fly for an airline with the most cringingly, pathetic callsign in the world where the current Chief Pilot "successfully"oversaw the collapse of Duo, or one where you have to totally swallow the culture & become orange?

The original question was for information on the process & standing of the job situation with Jet2. Stick to the facts please, you just might regret your words now that Jet2 have announced MAN as their new base with six aircraft said to be serving nine routes. :)

jetplease!
2nd Oct 2004, 15:47
pol1wx - Thanks very much for your great reply. Have got my interview in 4 days time, and am starting to get ever so slightly nervous! However you have put my mind relatively at ease.
Sounds like a decent company to work for. Can you tell me how many hours one could expect to work each year?

Thanks!

tabo
2nd Oct 2004, 16:58
pol1wx thanks.

good flight and may be see you soon.......

TRon
2nd Oct 2004, 18:16
X-Centric,

As for being 'Orange' I can assure you this is not the case in the flight deck, infact it is hardly rife across the company. Just the company induction on day one of your TRSS is the only real 'Orange' Day I can remember.

If culture or company callsign is your gripe I would suggest maybe you head to somewhere perfect? If you find it please let me and everyone else here know.

Everywhere has its ups and downs. Anyone will tell you that. What really matters to most is that they feel relatively valued by the company they work for, and they arent getting shafted left right and centre by Pay, Crew Food, Rostering the list goes on. Whilst easy isn't perfect it sure is getting better by the day and at least they listen to us. Crew food is now, dare I say it, excellent and we are getting a good pay rise next year, Luton trialing 5/4 5/2 the list goes on.

Same for Jet2, at least they are,(at heart) Channex, on the whole a very reputable company.

Monitorverticalspeed
2nd Oct 2004, 18:46
Hi all,

To those going forward for interview just wondering what kind of flying history you have? I applied about 2 weeks ago i am type rated on the 737 with over 500 on type and so far haven't heard anything.

Ta very much.

eagerbeaver
3rd Oct 2004, 20:04
i am in on wednesday, i am 700TT B733 rated. Suprised at my call up to say the least. I get the impression that quite a large cross-section of people are being interviewed because of their requirement due to expansion. I would imagine their is a few guys like me then a tonne with 500 ish hours and some possible skippers. I have worked for an airline in the past which is what i think may have got my foot in the door.

anyway let me know how you all get on.

Also where can i stay when down there?

jetplease!
3rd Oct 2004, 20:10
I'm down there on Wednesday as well. As said before, 900hrsTT, on Dash-8 Q400 which has EFIS.

Eagerbeaver - I'm heading down the night before so tried to sort out a hotel as well. All pretty busy due to that political thing going on in Bournemouth this week. The following hotel has rooms available ; £62 per night.

Name: Express by Holiday Inn Poole
Tel: 01202649222 Fax: 01202649666
Email: [email protected]
www: http://www.exhipoole.activehotels.com/
Address: Walking Fields Lane, Poole, Dorset, BH15 1RZ, UK

Pretty close to the airport. Or just do a hotel search or look on late rooms.com

X-Centric
3rd Oct 2004, 20:31
TRon,

Let us not hijack this thread. It was Custer who made the initial attack on JET2 by inferring that they aren't the 'real thing' & the thread originator was asking for questions with regards to the JET2 process.

By the way; what do your crew meals consist of?

ORANGES! :yuk:

CUSTER
4th Oct 2004, 08:37
X-Centric

Wasn't an attack just an observation, maybe the comment about waiting for the real thing was a bit harsh but people have been giving backword at the last minute and not turning up for the courses. As the job market is on the up people are now maximising their options and taking the best job that is offered and if that means giving backword to another operator then so be it.

If you were offered a start on more money with the chance of flying more up to date kit with another operator what would you do?

Or is it that you are just desperate for a jet job and you are clutching at straws?

At the moment there are some excellent job prospects and if things keep progressing as they have there are plenty more on the horizon.

ML Handler
4th Oct 2004, 18:01
Mon Vert Spd
I have an interview on the 20th, like you suprised to get the call but v pleased, I'm ex mil helicopter pilot with 1400 total. Thanks to pol1wx for the encouraging post, I can think of nothing better that working for J2.

X-Centric
4th Oct 2004, 18:22
Custer

Your first two paragraphs were quite well written but again you launch into vitriol when you say that 'I am desparate for a job & clutching at straws.'

For your information, my friend, I am currently flying the 737NG quite happily, for a half decent company that pays very well & is, thankfully, neither easyjet nor bmibrat.

I don't blame anyone for working for the highest bidder & if JET2 don't pay what the other low costs are paying then so be it, people have the right to get the best that they can. But my point is that UNIBOY & others on this thread are seeking advice on the recruitment process & they don't really need negative comments. Have you thought that JET2 just might be the only invitation that they have for an interview? If it is, & they aren't 'fortunate' enough to grace the hallowed halls of easyland or The Pathfinder building, they really don't need people like you p!ss!ng on their parade. We all had to start somewhere.

Now come on, shake hands....;)