PDA

View Full Version : stapleford flying school + boeing 737 type rating

Andy_20
23rd Jul 2004, 23:34
Hi, im currently thinking about taking a integrated course at stapleford. i was wondering if any one has any information on the differences between getting a zero to rfozen atpl and from a zero hrs to get a boeing 737 line trained!?
Just a bit unsure, which to take!?

Any info appreciated

Andy

FLYbyWIT
24th Jul 2004, 14:48
Stapleford don't do an intergrated course and the advertised line training experience is not a dead cert as your still going to have to pass selection when finished with sfc and going for the type with astreaus. A 100 hrs line training is great but not brilliant, but all in all it matches oats or bae's financially for course price with the added advantage of the type so definately woth a consideration.
My personal opinion is don't do intergrated, full time modular is probably best suited for you.

Andy_20
25th Jul 2004, 12:41
so stapleford do full time modular course and not integrated? so if i completed a full time modular course then i would have to pass a selection process to do 100 hours 737 line training with astraeus?

Its quite confusing on which courses to take as everyone has conflicting advice, and im just looking for a good flight school to be able to get qualified to a high standard!
Thanks for your fb!

FLYbyWIT
25th Jul 2004, 16:11
Yes I sympathise, it is confusing as people trained all over giving opinions from where they were and what rumours they hear about other schools etc etc. The only thing for you to do is go visit these schools. I advise against the intergrated course but again thats my opinion. Dont get me wrong about SFC once you sign up for the full course with them I believe you will get the opportunity to prove yourself with astreaus for the line training but as with most type courses they will want to test you, and if you were to graduate with 10 other students around the same time your not all going to get it. SFC standards are as high as most other schools, same product, same out come and same level to attain throughout training, but does it suit you, fianancially/location etc.
Go and visit a few schools and then decide.

Andy_20
31st Jul 2004, 09:58
thanks fly, what you said made sense!