PDA

View Full Version : Best route to an intsructor rating

Currymonster
6th Feb 2002, 05:06
Having got my PPL what is the best route to gaining an instructors rating??

Currymonster
9th Feb 2002, 04:56
Thanks for your replies guys...... .I thought that you all must have started just like me but you obviously have been beamed from some planet or other..... .Remember that students are required for instructors to be in demand

Megaton
9th Feb 2002, 05:41
There are plenty of posts out there on this subject but here are the bare bones:

PPL. .IMC (not essential but useful). .Night (or part of the CPL). .ATPL Gnd Exams. .Hour Build to 175 hrs. .CPL. .FIC

Alternatively, you could instruct as a PPL without doing the CPL but you'll still need the exams at CPL level and you won't get paid! Oh, and there aren't any exams at CPL level so you might as well do the ATPLs.

DB6
9th Feb 2002, 13:35
Currymonster,the best source of information is the CAA's own website. Look at <a href="http://www.srg.caa.co.uk" target="_blank">www.srg.caa.co.uk</a> and either put a question in the search machine or search through personnel licensing. I am not a master of cutting and pasting so I can't get it for you and it would take an age to type it all out. Alternatively phone them directly. Once you get a human on the line they are usually quite helpful.