PDA

View Full Version : What to do with and without an MCC?

skyman68
20th Jul 2004, 15:55
what are my chances to find a job without an MCC. is it absolutely a requirement to have an MCC before applying in an airline.Now, I change my question, what are my chances to find a job WITH an MCC?

the JAR doesn't say anything about that, and the MCC is included in the type anyway, no?
so , they guys who do the MCC, have to redo again the MCC once they do their type rating.

The CAA told me my company will sponsore me for the MCC and the type, I said:"what company sponsores? Hello, we are not more in 1980"!!!

The CAA thinks we are all rich and airlines pay us what we need to become an airline pilot!

what they will ask me after the MCC?a type rating?, a special course to carry gun(that is for the USA I guess), or a course to"how to eat sausages in a cockpit and not spilling some ketchup on the seats!"

and what about the MCC 1, MCC2 and the new MCC advanced super special course.have you heared about this?
already CTC have this kind of course,...how do they call that, jet orientation course or pre jet course(com'on , this is ridiculous!!!)

when does the JAA will introduce more courses for us in the name of the "security"! yeah, let me laugh!

Flypuppy
20th Jul 2004, 16:03
From what I remeber the MCC course was supposed to be provided by the airline, working to company SOP's. Unfortunately one of the FTO's managed to persuade us all that they were required before we could get an interview, even more unfortunately alot of airlines started believing this as well. So another piece of training fell by default to the pilot.

I can foresee a time in the not too distant future when airlines will be advertising for syndicates of pilots to provide an aircraft to operate their routes and somehow they will make us think they are doing us a favour by operating our syndicate aircraft - and we will believe them. Maybe I had better not give them any ideas.

Sometimes you really do have to ask if the pain heartache and expense are worth it. :{

vetflyer
20th Jul 2004, 16:25
Flypuppy

Talking of heartache ,did you ever get an IR with AAA

Best wishes Away

vetflyer

Flypuppy
20th Jul 2004, 16:31
Check your PM's VF.