PDA

View Full Version : Avoiding 2 weeks revision in uk?!!

Grum
19th Jul 2004, 13:37
JAA ATPL distance learning at bristol etc. . . except you have to spend two weeks consolidated revision in the U.K. (where's the distance?) and you have to do that twice! Not so cheap if your living in Botswana. Is there any way of avoiding this double trip to the U.K? I've just done the S.A. papers and know i'm upto standard.

Any advice is appreciated. :confused: :sad:

no sponsor
19th Jul 2004, 15:43
You'll be happy to know that it is a JAA requirement, and not a particular school requirement. So, unless you do brush-up courses back to back, there is little avoiding two trips to the UK.

So, just to make it painfully clear, there is not an approved school where you can get out of this requirement if you want to sit the JAA exams. You must have your exam application signed by the school indicating you have done the requisite training, including residential part of the course.

skyman68
20th Jul 2004, 11:34
say to yourself that Bristol is a nice town, and the 2 weeks at bristol are very interesting.

I know, it cost money, but the law is the law! and you have to do this 2 times 2 weeks.
what you can do is to do the 4 weeks in same time (you will save a trip). harder, but the law is the law and the CAA can not say no.

flying paddy
20th Jul 2004, 12:20
check your pm's

Grum
20th Jul 2004, 13:29
Well thanks guys. Had to ask just to make sure I wasn't missing anything.

Cheers