PDA

View Full Version : Applying For CPL Issue

VFE
19th Jul 2004, 10:46
Hi folks,

How long after passing the CPL skills test have you got until you must apply for the licence issue? I was told six months but would like clarification.

Thanks folks,

VFE.

GuinnessQueen
19th Jul 2004, 12:06
I think the skills test is valid for 12 months, as is the IR test. I was looking at this a few weeks back in Lasors.

Should be here somewhere. (Section D).

http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/33/LASORS.PDF

Cheers

GQ

Half a Mexican
19th Jul 2004, 13:27
Hi VFE,

According to the CAA:

"A pass in all four sections of the GFT within
series must be obtained within the 6 months
immediately preceding the date of receipt by
CAA of the licence application."

So it looks like you were right.

Cheers,
HaM

GuinnessQueen
19th Jul 2004, 14:58
I'm confused now!

In reading Lasors a bit closer, section D1.4, it states: JAR-FCL CPL(A) Skills Test Requirements,

"The skills test can be completed on either a single-engine or multi-engine aeroplane. For the purpose of licence issue the skills test will remain valid for 12 months"

HaM, how up-to date are your numbers....I ask only because the GFT was back in CAA (rather than JAA) licence days? Perhaps it refers to the individual sections of the skills test (eg if you get a partial pass etc)

If anyone else can clarify further then please do, I'm going to be in the situation where I do the CPL course before I have 200hrs TT, so this skills test validity time is important.

Cheers

GQ

Half a Mexican
19th Jul 2004, 15:36
The six month validity period *is* correct. That is if you happen to fly balloons… Oops. :O

Otherwise GuinnessQueen is indeed correct. I was quoting from appendix C which deals with CPL for balloon pilots. :rolleyes:

That’ll teach my not to post when I’m in a rush!

Cheers,
HaM

VFE
19th Jul 2004, 17:09
Could someone be a darl and cut & paste the part of the LASORS which pertains to the quirey I have. Do not appear to be able to open PDF files!

So it's 12 months for defo then?

VFE.

Half a Mexican
19th Jul 2004, 18:47
D1.4 JAR-FCL CPL(A)SKILL TEST An applicant for a JAR-FCL
CPL(A) is required to:

1. Pass the CPL Skill Test with a CAA Flight
Examiner.The Skill Test can be completed on either a
single-engine or multi-engine aeroplane. For
the purpose of licence issue the skill test will
remain valid for 12 months.

skyman68
20th Jul 2004, 11:31
once again, this JAA law is unclear!

6 months or 12months?
attention, rien ne va plus!

BillieBob
20th Jul 2004, 12:45
It would appear that it is skyman68 that is unclear, given this and other, routinely intemperate and ill-informed postings.

It is also the case that the JAA is not a lawmaking organisation and reference to JAA 'law' serves only to cause further damage to one's already tenuous credibility.

Just which part of "12 months" don't you understand?