PDA

View Full Version : it is only 40.000 EUR...!

trashexpress
15th Jul 2004, 10:16
I just talked to Mr David Kaci of Jetway Aeronautics regarding a Typerating Programm for the A320. He offered me a price of 35.000 EUR for the course plus 5.000 EUR for the line training. Isnīt this outrageous? It seems, that in Aviation there are too many bandits!

skyman68
15th Jul 2004, 11:16
I agree with you, but no one force you to accept. it s not like the MCC!

by experience I can tell you something: If a company makes u pay for ur type, they are simply not interested by you but only by your money.

An airline deals with millions of US dollars, they can pay your type. The person who tries to ask your money for a type, is the person who tries to get a commission from the FTO.
(I can sell you a type if your really wish).

so be a real professional, do not waiste your time with these companies like Astreus and all these other companies who try to suck your money!. just apply in "real"airlines, corporates,charters....and wait !

Summer is a bad time to apply, recruitment will probably start for september-october. Training for october-november.on line for Christmas.Send a bunch of CV end of July.Futur sounds brigght, US airlines are full like pre september 2001.There is an increase of passengers and the market in Europe is better each day.So stay positif.

Good luck!

concordino
15th Jul 2004, 12:55
Agree wholeheartedly with skyman68.

If you still have to for any reason do a search here, I think there are a few who have to say things about Jetway.

Well worth it to do the homework before you take a dip...

haughtney1
15th Jul 2004, 15:06
I can only concur with whats been already said.......ok sure aviation is a business like all others, BUT, in order for companies to ensure their investment in type-rating us I think its fair that a bonding arrangement is implimented.
Never front up with cash to pay for a rating......you are just lining someone elses pockets