PDA

View Full Version : Course information, help needed please!

Ian_Wannabe
14th Jul 2004, 23:57
Hey there - As an alternative to university I was wondering if anyone can tell me about ops./management courses.

I'm living in Leeds again from September, and my ultimate goal is to fly for a living. But I'm trying to find out if there are any management-type courses available in, or around the city of Leeds? Be it ones that you pay for, or ones that take you on, give u a basic wage and train you up to eventually be an ops manager etc. That kinda thing.

This is my second back up plan for when the flying jobs are few and far - i.e most of the time

So basically... anything within a 5-10 mile radius of Leeds would be great. But if nobody can think of anything for that area, could you please tell me all you know about these type of courses.

Many thanks in advance,

Ian

Ian_Wannabe
15th Jul 2004, 22:58
Anybody, before the thread goes down to the bottom? ;)

oxford blue
16th Jul 2004, 08:29
I don't know of any non-university ops manager's courses. I think that most ops managers join as ops clerks and work their way up over time.

I believe that City University do a 3-year Air Transport Operations degree, which includes an ATPL as pert of the course. That way, you would be qualified both as a pilot and as a suitable airline management trainee. I don't know the details, but I'm sure that the University supply them. But it's not at Leeds. If you're at Leeds for 3 years for uni, you can always think about changiing your degree.

lookoutbelow
16th Jul 2004, 11:46
Did my ATPL's through Glasgow College of Nautical Studies during 2003. They do OPS/Flight Despatcher courses. Speak to CGI Kevin Maloney, he will point you in the right direction.

Ian_Wannabe
16th Jul 2004, 12:36
Thanks guys

Oxford B. I've considered this, and i was thinking of doing some form of basic management course. Does anyone know if this is a waste of time for a fall back into aviation?