PDA

View Full Version : riverside flight center

daniel berner
13th Jul 2004, 15:51
hi lads ,

has anyone got any upto date info on riverside flight center before i take a leap into the unknown.......it all seems ok and with an ex stapleford name on the advert and also seems quite cheap regarding other packages...also doing conversions at exeter seems good as i cant find a bad word on pprune about them...

cheers lads..

WX Man
13th Jul 2004, 20:12
I did my FAA ME CPL and IR with Riverside a couple of months ago.

Can't recommend them enough: very friendly, top quality instruction and Tulsa's a damn good place to spend a month or so in (actually, too good :8 ). Yuri, the CFI there (Tony Cornish's son), runs a tight ship and will certainly not rip you off (I have three anecdotes to support this if you care to PM me).

As for subsequently converting, I found that after 16h of IR training I felt prepared to take the test, although I ended up doing 20h.

I converted with BCFT, and found them to be very good as well. An advantage of converting with Airways (Exeter) is that Riverside and Airways use the same checklists for the BE76.

I've posted before concerning Riverside- just do a search 'all posts by WX Man' and you'll bring a few things up.

Any other info you want, please feel free to PM me.

ikea
14th Jul 2004, 20:07
the man i spoke to, tony cornish was most helpful and very approachable. I spoke to him over the phone and at LHR at the Flyer event, and was the most welcoming school representitive i came accrosss. The prgram seems cool, and Riverside is one of my choices

wbryce
16th Jul 2004, 00:19
Ive spoken with Tony on the phone a few times, the bloke seems very helpful.....

I was looking at Riverside to hopefully do some parts of my training, a few things in life ties me to stay at home, but in the near future, i may contact them to speak about some modular flying.

With my past experiance with Riverside, it will be one of my choices when i come to review my options.

el dorado
16th Jul 2004, 16:48
Don't know about the Riverside Flight Center but the Riverside Bar in Vero Beach, Florida is very good :E Frequented by FlightSafety Academy mainly.

Seriously though, it sounds like a good outfit. Wish I'd heard about it a bit sooner.

mattpilot
16th Jul 2004, 17:08
Flying out of riverside myself (the airport, not the school), its funny to sometimes hear a guy with a british accent. :E

ikea
17th Jul 2004, 07:41
its a shame that they do not offer a CFI course. I think the advertised pricee was £20k, extras came to £5k (medical, exam fees, flights, accommodation etc), plus im hopeing to get a CFI (ME/IFR) for about £5k (I hope!). So by using this course, it avoids roblems of licensing, like some training one outside JAR countries is not recognised in al JAR countries. Also, I live only 3hrs from london, so I think I will do the distance learning option for the ATPL theory, which will save about sixth months in accommodation, plus i have no desire to live in London

Captain Ratpup
17th Jul 2004, 22:55
I was thinking about them. Ordered some brochures and they arrived the next day.

Only thing I can see is that the FAA IR and JAA conversion would cost almost the same as just doing it straight in the UK.

They seem to be hot on their stuff but with the IR situation as it stands, it may only be prudent and economical to do the CPL and perhaps ME hours building with them. The IR I'll finish off here.