PDA

View Full Version : Canadian to UK RT Licence

Canadian
12th Jul 2004, 20:07
I'm in the final stages of converting my Canadian CPL into a JAA CPL/IR. Having sent all my forms to the CAA, I've been told that I need to find out if my Canadian RT licence has been issued in accordance with Article 37 of the ITU radio regulations before they will issue my JAA licences. I've contacted the Canadian authorities but they seem to have never heard of this requirement before.

Has anyone out there had any similar problems converting a Canadian RT licence, or has your UK licence been issued without any questions asked? Also, what the heck is Article 37 of the ITU radio regs?

Thanks very much!

minus273
12th Jul 2004, 20:48
Hey there,

I know in one of the older versions of LASORS that it had a list of countries that they would accept a like for like swap. Canada was one of those on the list.

I just had a quick look at the new one and do not seem to be able to find the same info.

I would suggest e-mailing TC in Canada and see what you can get from them.

You may also want to try Industry Canada as they are the ones that issue the Radio Licence.

Sorry can not be much more help than that, I am sure someone else will come up with something.

From LASORS2004:

• Holders of a valid Flight Radiotelephony
Operator's Licence issued by any ICAO
contracting State, in accordance with Article 44
of the ITU Radio Regulations, which has been
issued on the basis of comparable tests and
examinations to those required in the UK, will
be credited with the practical Communications
test and theoretical written examination,
provided that the licence is valid and the tests
were conducted using the English language.

(Article 44 - Para3454)