PDA

View Full Version : Citizen Problems

Ozpilot414
12th Jul 2004, 16:36
Alrighty I have seen every try and try to find work every where in the world and I think it is about time I did the same. I was born in Canada but both my parents are ozzies so i have dual citizenship. But i went to school at ERAU in DAB and have my FAA ATP and 2800 TT and 400 Multi. I have been flight instructing since 2000. I want a job. a better job should i say as i know of a lot of CFIs out there doing something other than flying. So my question if some one can help. How do i get a job as a Canadian or Australian citizen with all FAA tickets? I am only legally allowed to work for the company I am with now. and neither Canada or Oz will accept the FAA tickets. and i can afford to convert my tickets. I need a company that is willing to sponsor me for a green card basically or an international company that flies American registered aircraft. Right? any ideas my fellow fliers?

discoinsert
13th Jul 2004, 05:41
Not too much luck there. My aunt is American and was not able to sponsor me for a Green Card. The brutal truth is that you either need to convert to Canadian or Oz licences or hope to get contract work with your FAA licence. Try contacting some of the contract firms such as Parc or Airline Appointments.
Good Luck

juliettepapa
13th Jul 2004, 09:07
Ozpilot;

Have you try in Africa? There is always turnover and they accept FAA licence and usually give you a local equivalence.Will give you a good opportunity to fly commercial operation on different type of aircraft and save some money to convert your license.

I have been there, done that, and got the tee shirt...