PDA

View Full Version : Motor Racing Circuit visible near Barcelona ???

shinymac1
11th Jul 2004, 23:01
Hi All,

On a recent flight from Barcelona to Manchester UK, and using RWY 20 for take off, my flight turned right a mile or so after rotation. The it turned right again to run Southwestwards parallel with the Spanish Coast. But after a few more miles we then turned to head North and inland towards the Pyrenees.

I then noticed, after travelling a few miles inland, a HUGE CIRCUIT of some sort...which was perfectly oval in shape, and had several smaller racing circuits in its middle. I dont know whether this was a Motor CYCLE race track, or a MOTOR CAR race track or even a Car Manufacturers TEST Track of some sort.

All I can say was, that it was HUGE ! I took two pics of this through the plane window, which I would gladly send to someone if they can HELP ME IDENTIFY THIS RACING CIRCUIT ??

I am sure it WASNT THE SPANISH FORMULA ONE CIRCUIT as this is located North EAST of the city, and by new I reckon we were flying North WEST of Barcelona.

Can you help ? Do you know a real world pilot who flies this route, and can help me identify it ?

Email to me at [email protected] would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Derek Fry

BOAC
12th Jul 2004, 11:08
Derek - your thread now resides here (http://www.pprune.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=58) and is, I think, solved?:D

catchup
12th Jul 2004, 11:15
<perfectly oval in shape>

It's the training-center for NIKI, the new austrian low cost.
They are using 2stroke-driven A320 sim-carts flying (driving) around and around and around.

Absolutly true...