PDA

View Full Version : ATPLs this week?

Aerofoil
9th Jul 2004, 21:33
Hi just wondered if there is anyone else who has just taken ATPL exams this week?
Ifso do you know when the results are supposed to be out?

Thanks in advance and good luck all!

Dave

Jinkster
9th Jul 2004, 21:38
Tend to be out 2 weeks friday as HPL, Comms, Law is on the thursday

Good luck

pipergirl
11th Jul 2004, 09:22
and apparenly if ur lucky enough to live in Ireland, it can take up to three weeks...eek...:rolleyes:

I sat my first set this week too.....fingers crossed and Good luck to all who sat the exams!:ok:

Aerofoil
11th Jul 2004, 14:11
pipergirl,

Did you do yours at Silsoe by any chance?

Dave

pipergirl
11th Jul 2004, 17:49
mmmm maybeee......;)

Aerofoil
11th Jul 2004, 18:03
Il take that as a yes then! lol,

Think i may have been chatting to you in the reception after the IFR comms exam? I was saying something along the lines of 'I have failed that exam!' :{

Dave

Jinkster
11th Jul 2004, 22:53
aerofoil,

Have you been chatting up the girlies??????

Jinkster ;)

pipergirl
12th Jul 2004, 07:38
where u the guy standing to my left or where u in front of me with a blue t-shirt??

*cough*
that's if i was there of course;)

Aerofoil
12th Jul 2004, 10:35
Im not sure what colour top i had on.
Im the 20 yr old. If it was you then we were sat on those seats in the corner of reception and i was chatting to a guy off my course about the fact that i could have come unstuck on that IFR exam! :{

You asked me why i thought that i had failed?

Anyway theres around 9 days (ish) until we get the results! The waiting is getting more frustrating by the day! :{

Cheers

Dave

CAT3C AUTOLAND
12th Jul 2004, 13:21
Aerofoil, keep your chin up you will be fine :)

Pole Hill
12th Jul 2004, 15:09
Pipergirl,
Please check you PM's.

Aerofoil
13th Jul 2004, 21:58
Still 9 days to go!! :{

This waiting is horrible. Its my first set of exams so i now understand what the people were going through during the time they were waiting for their results in previous threads.

:{ :{ :{ :{

Dave

Pole Hill
21st Jul 2004, 07:34
All,
The results should be around today or more likely tomorrow from what I have previously read on this forum.
Are there to be any expected delays in the release of the results, e.g. due to lots of appeals.
I just need to be put out of my misery!
POL

Alex Whittingham
21st Jul 2004, 07:48
I wouldn't hold your breath. There were certainly lots of appeals and many have not been replied to yet.

Pole Hill
21st Jul 2004, 07:55
Alex,
I can relax a little then, since the results won't be around this week then.
POL.

Alex Whittingham
21st Jul 2004, 08:13
I didn't say that! There's still time for them to resolve the queries and get the results in the post on Thursday night. They were posted on the Thursday last month.

Pole Hill
21st Jul 2004, 10:07
Alex,
My apologies. With experience of the frustratingly slow pace of the CAA, I assummed that the results wouldn't be released until next week since the appeals are still being investigated.
I am un-relaxed again! :)
POL.

Desk-pilot
21st Jul 2004, 13:14
Alex,

Does anyone know whether the appeals concern those questions about long range nav systems reverting to dead reckoning mode in the radio nav paper? This wasn't in the OATS notes and I realise with hindsight I made some bad guesses on those questions. Radio nav was a stinker this time around as met was last month I gather.

Would be grateful if those in the UK could indicate when the results arrive as I am recovering from the JAR's in the sunshine of the Caribbean and checking pprune to see when the results are out.

Best of luck to all, I think the anticipation is even worse from 4000 miles away even if the Mai Tai's do deaden the senses!

Desk pilot

Sprawler
21st Jul 2004, 13:59
pipergirl? Where's the Mini reference in that? ;)

Hope you are lashing into Mod 2. I tried the other day but 37 pages on Hydraulics is a tough intro back into it...maybe I need another week off after all my hard work in Mod 1 :E

EGCC4284
22nd Jul 2004, 22:54
Aerofoil

I am half way through mod 2 now and hope to be
ready for Bristol's September brush up.

Exams already booked for October.

Didn't I say Silsoe was a cool and chilled place to go.

Rob

long final
23rd Jul 2004, 07:04
Arrived this morning.

Last six in the bag.

All 14 first time. A big thank you to Bristol, first class service.

Danny

Pole Hill
23rd Jul 2004, 08:51
Passed the first 8 first time, thanks to Bristol.gs :ok:
I really cannot believe my exam results, the lowest mark was 91%.
All I can say is if you are going to do the ATPL's, Bristol is the place to do it.:)
POL.

Stoney X
23rd Jul 2004, 11:24
Got mine too. First 8 in the bag. Woohoo! Gonna get pished tonight!!!! :\

Big thanks to all the staff at Bristol.

Regards
Stoney X

Aerofoil
23rd Jul 2004, 12:25
Got mine this morning also.
Passed all 6 first time!

Thanks to Atlantic Flight training. :ok:

Good luck to those still waiting for the post.

Regards

Dave

pipergirl
24th Jul 2004, 10:25
LOL @ Sprawler....

haven't started into Mod 2 yet...took 2 weeks off to rest my brain and now I have a cold, so will make attempts at getting stuck in next week...;)

Haven't received my results yet...apparently there's a delay of a couple of days for us folks in Ireland:\