PDA

View Full Version : stby at base now mandatory?

corporal klinger
9th Jul 2004, 12:00
hi guys,
rumors are out,that in future one has to available within 2 hrs notice when on stby,which of course is a big setback for all those living far away from their base ( quite common,what I heard in cx)
any truth behind?
thanks

Yeager
9th Jul 2004, 14:03
Hi out there,

With regards to the standby 2 hours notice in general. Most companies in eg. Scandinavia has got way less than that (SAS 80/90 minutes). As such it sounds fair enough to me - but what do you guys living in Hong Kong say about it? and what was it until now then?

Best regards,
Yeager
(soon to be in Hong Kong - too)

B787
14th Jul 2004, 10:48
Thats always been the case, so nothing new.

fire wall
15th Jul 2004, 16:15
wrong, this has not always been the case.
There are still 280 pilots who still do their reserve in their preferred base rather then home base port, that is until RP04 becomes implemented.....M.G.....what do they get by way of compensation for this MAJOR disruption to their lives?
Do not pretend to speak of which you know little.

B787
16th Jul 2004, 04:58
How about fair share reserve for everyone then!!!!

Schrodingers Cat
16th Jul 2004, 08:03
Um, shouldn't the crew that do reserve in their PREFERRED base rather than the one they are contracted for compensate the rest of us who have to cover the resulting inflexibilties to the operation.........:ok:

fire wall
16th Jul 2004, 22:51
Ok, I will answer the bait.
What does fair share reserve actually entail? Quantify it for I am sure amongst the pilot body there will be no arguement....but how do you encompass such on paper?
And for you pussy, when did/could you ever cover reserve for the freighter paterns based outport?
Yeah, shock from the right field, there was never any reference to your fleet.
Like I said previous, you have no idea what you mouth off about.

skibeagle
4th Aug 2004, 09:45
Is this proposed change applicable to Pax fleet and Freighter fleet ? I could forsee a potential problem for the many Canadians based out of US ports with homes in Canada. As this would require a residence in the United States ! Potential sticky legal point here.

BlueEagle
5th Aug 2004, 00:03
Just offered as a comment and NOT as a moderating statement!!!

In companies I have worked for the Canadians would need to get themselves a cheap and cheerful hotel within ninety mintes of their base airport for the period of their standby. Just guessing but wouldn't any standby probably be tacked on to the beginning of a duty period?

jtr
5th Aug 2004, 18:35
Just guessing but wouldn't any standby probably be tacked on to the beginning of a duty period?

You would think so, but not under the soon to be introduced rostering agreement.

Clock starts ticking when you turn up to work, not when you start reserve.