PDA

View Full Version : CPL Qualifier

Squawk 2650
8th Jul 2004, 15:51
Hi everyone,

Just a quick question, does the CPL 300 nm qualifier have to be a 300nm route or 300nm triangle??

I have a route planned but if you draw straight lines between the airfields its not 300nm!! but the route I'm flying to avoid danger areas etc. is 300nm!?!

LASORs says....

including a cross-country flight totalling at least 540
km (300 nm) in the course of which full-stop landings at two aerodromes different from the aerodromes of departure shall be made.

So to me that says a 300nm route not triangle!!

Thanks in advance!!

:cool:

L

silverknapper
8th Jul 2004, 16:12
I think it's just a 300nm route total distance.
This has me thinking about something else though. Did PPL in SA, along with a bit of hour building. I had been going to count any one of several massive trips but now worry they won't count.
Example:
Jo'burg-Bloemfontain-George.
Overnight George
George-Nu Tempe-Jo'burg.

Total distance over 1100nm, 550 each day.
Question - Will this count as I stopped at two airfields but didn't return till the next day?
A lot of trips were like this whilst I toured the country.
Would it be wise to knock one all dayer in here just to be safe?

Thanks

SK

Squawk 2650
8th Jul 2004, 16:33
Alright SK thanks for the reply!! Sorry to say this but I'm pretty sure it all has to be on the same day!! I think I should just do a 300nm triangle but I want to fly this particular route!!

:cool:
L

FlyingForFun
9th Jul 2004, 12:47
It doesn't have to be on the same day. Mine was overnight, and the CAA have issued me a CPL and an FI rating on that basis. Nowhere is there any rule about it having to be on the same day.

Interesting point about whether to measure the direct route or the route actually flown. If you read the rules, it seems that it is the route that's actually flown which is measured, as per SK's reply. But if you're flying a route which is less than 300nm when measured directly, I would annotate the logbook entry with the actual route shown, just to make it clear that you have done the required number of miles.

FFF
--------------

Send Clowns
9th Jul 2004, 13:18
As I read it there is no requirement to return to point of departure is there? Nothing mentioned in LASORs, so you could use either day's journey, silverknapper.

silverknapper
9th Jul 2004, 20:55
Many thanks guys.

As always much appreciated.
:)

Cheers

SK