PDA

View Full Version : Tr required prior to start of CPL training

gabu
8th Jul 2004, 10:12
Just a quick one, is the RT test required prior starting the JAR CPL training and if so where can i find a list of examiners. Its just all my training this far has been based abroad and never really given it any thought until this morning as I intend to start the CPL module training in about 3 or 4 months when I've scraped enough cash together.

I know some of your may deride me saying I should look up the appropriate documentation etc etc if you want to be a professional pilot etc etc, please don't its just easier asking you guys/girls on here. I've seen this happen before on this forum and my opinion of you who do, do nothing but make a complete fools out of yourselves, really you people should be looking at another forum.

answers on a postcard please

sorry about the little rant, been itching to get that of my chest for ages.

Snigs
8th Jul 2004, 11:29
You need a PPL in order to start a CPL, in the UK you can't have a PPL without having passed the RT practical exam.

I think you need to expand on your situation a little.

Keygrip
8th Jul 2004, 16:04
Whoa, SR10 - you can do the PPL and/or CPL courses in the USA (without holding a FRTOL) - you CAN NOT do the CPL skill test ANYWHERE without having passed the R/T written and practical exams.

On your other thread - NO. You do not need (emphasis on NEED) a FRTOL on your JAA PPL to operate the R/T in the USA.